PDA

View Full Version : Kolcraft Universal Car Seat System vs. Baby Trend Snap 'n Go

TLC1994
05-02-2001, 04:59 PM
Hi - Just wondering if anyone has (or has looked at) the Kolcraft Universal Car Seat System. I saw one at The Babies' Room yesterday and it looks really nice - possibly nicer than the Snap 'n Go. It folded up very easily (one-handed) which seemed great. I know Kolcraft doesn't have the best rating according to the book, but this particular stroller seems pretty nice. Any thoughts? Anyone compared it to the Snap 'n Go? I'd appreciate the advice since I can't seem to decide which stroller(s) to get for our baby arriving this summer (Snap 'n Go and something else or the Peg Perego Venezia or what???!!!)

alandenisefields
05-02-2001, 05:55 PM
Actually, we've seen this product at a trade show and were very impressed---amazing, since Kolcraft rarely does anything right these days. It is BRAND NEW, so no feedback from readers on it. If anyone has actually used it in the real world, please share your experiences here!

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS
Email: [email protected]. Web: www.windsorpeak.com.

TLC1994
05-04-2001, 01:38 PM
Just called Fisher Price and asked about using their Stay in View infant seat with the Kolcraft Universal Car Seat System. Their rep. said that since that is not the intended use of the car seat, they cannot tell me if it fits or not. (BTW - when I called Kolcraft they said it does fit.)

But - even more importantly - I was told that by using it in the Kolcraft stroller, it would void the warranty on the car seat because "it would be altering the car seat."

They also would not tell me if the Stay in View fit in grocery carts because that too "is not the intended use of the car seat." I didn't ask if using it in a grocery cart would void the warranty too - wish I had...

elzi121
05-06-2001, 11:32 AM
I also saw the Kolcraft car seat system and thought it seemed nicer than the snap 'n go, but I am still undecided.

Also, I was shopping yesterday and saw a new snap 'n go system by swan that converts to a stroller (you have to purchase the conversion system separately- not sure how much it is). The wheels and basket seemed a little better than the snap 'n go, but there were extraneous pieces that are only used if you are going to convert it to a stroller. These seemed to be getting in the way if you were just using it to carry a car seat and it was a little bit of a hassle to fold up. Has anyone else seen this?

angusmom
05-06-2001, 08:33 PM
I have not used this item personally but here is the list of compatible car seats taken directly from the product instructions that come in the box:

Britax® Handle with Care® and Baby Safe™,
Graco® SnugRide series,
Evenflo® Discovery™, and On-My-Way™,
Century® 535/580/590 Series, Assura® Series, Avanta® Series, and Smart Fit® Series,
Fisher-Price® Stay in View™,
Cosco® Arriva® Series, Turn-A-Bout®, and the Eddie Bauer® Infant Car Seat,
Kolcraft® Infant Rider® and Secura™.
DO NOT use this Carrier with the Cosco TLC and Dreamride and all Gerry infant car seats.

Hope this helps!

efsilverb
05-10-2001, 04:53 PM
We are expecting in July and are going with the Kolcraft Univ. Car Seat System (with Graco Snug Ride) on the advice of friends who returned their Snap-N-Go for the Kolcraft. We too had registered for a Snap-N-Go originally, but then saw the Kolcraft in use and switched. We think its a superior product. Its sturdier, has a bigger basket, folds up easier, has a nifty cup holder/storage compartment, and maneuvers really well. I've heard lots of people complain about the Snap-N-Gos -- they break or break the car seats. My friend is thrilled with her Kolcraft and I'm looking forward to using ours. They sell them at Baby Depot(on-line too) for $39.95 which I think is also cheaper than the Snap N Go.

denany
05-30-2001, 10:31 AM
I have the Kolcraft system and love it. I use it with the Century SmartFit Plus car seat. My son is now out-growing the car seat and I have to move on to something else, but I'm not happy about it. I choose Kolcraft over the Baby Trend product because it closes with one hand, was larger and sturdier. I highly recommend this over the Snap n Go!