PDA

View Full Version : All about Peg Perego Plikos and Travel Systems

mckitt
05-07-2001, 11:37 AM
I've been emailing customer service at Peg Perego about the differences in all of the various Pliko and Primo Viaggio strollers and thought I'd share the following summary:

-The Plikomatic is the basic Pliko stroller and has smooth wheels.
-The Pliko Sherpa and Pliko Trek are the same stroller but with knobby wheels. Aside from different fabric options, the only difference between these two strollers is that the Trek comes with the rain cover attached to the hood and the Sherpa can be bought in a Bubble version with a separate rain canopy.
-The stroller base for the Pliko Travel System is a Sherpa.
-The Primo Viaggo Winter System and the Primo Viaggio Trek are the same stroller base, which is a pound heavier than the Pliko stroller (Pliko=16 lbs; Viaggio=17 lbs) and has a single handle instead of umbrella handles (i.e. the stroller in the Travel System Trek is NOT a Pliko Trek). The difference between these two versions (other than fabric) is that the Winter System has a boot, while the Trek system has the integrated rain cover.
-The harness on the Primo Viaggio carseat adjusts from the front.
-For the Pliko stroller to accommodate a car seat other than the Perego you would have to purchase a car seat adapter bar (NOTE: this contradicts something I read at either strollers4less.com or babydepot.com, which said the 2001 models will accommodate other car seats without the adapter bar). The car seats that will fit the bar are Graco, Colcraft and Century.
-Rain covers for the Pliko or Travel System strollers cannot be purchased separately--you'd have to buy either the Sherpa Bubble or the Trek to get rain protection.
-Perego has been making car seats for the European market for several years and all of their new car seats meet US safety standards.

Perego customer service gets bonus points for prompt replies, but their web site is pretty lousy with regard to providing detailed info on their products.

alandenisefields
05-07-2001, 04:17 PM
Great update on Perego! Thanks for posting that. Yes, Perego's web site (like many in this industry) is often short on these details.

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS