PDA

View Full Version : Urban Mom....

Jenna-Brooklyn
05-11-2001, 12:28 PM
I live in NYC and am wondering what type of stroller to get. In the baby bargains book, they recommend Peg Perego Venezia or a Maclaren for a 2nd stroller because of the extra padding, weathering, etc.. and that it should stand up to lots of trekking on city streets.

The thing is..... at least with Peg Perego, the strollers are HEAVY! And they recommend much lighter ones for suburban moms with cars... which made me read that and think.. um... all you have to do is throw it in a trunk and take it out. I will have to carry the stroller *and* my baby up and down three flights of stairs to get in and out of my apartment. God forbid I actually have to buy some groceries or something. And that isn't including subway stairs. How can the Fieldes say that weight isn't an issue for urban moms? We don't all live in elevator buildings or on the ground floor....

Anyway, I'm looking for a durable light weight stroller. I looked at the combi ultra savvy and wasn't sure it was up to the task, though I did love the light weight...

Any suggestions?

alandenisefields
05-11-2001, 02:39 PM
Hi there. Thanks for reading our book, BRIDAL BARGAINS.

Well, that is a valid point. Yes, for some urban moms, weight IS an issue when it comes to strollers---especially for those who live in a 3rd floor walk-up.

Of course, not all Perego's are that heavy---the Pliko series is a good example of a lighter weight Perego option. But, for the least weight, the Maclarens or the Combi Savvy line would probably be the best bet.

Hope that helps,
Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS