PDA

View Full Version : Comby strollers: SUBV, travel savvy

Anik
05-18-2001, 04:07 AM
Please, say something about combi lightweight strollers SUBV or travel savvy.
I am thinking of ordering one of them for my 11 month old son but have no opportunity to compare them "live" (I am in Canada and they are not sold here :-( )

Thanks,
Anna

alandenisefields
05-18-2001, 02:35 PM
Hi Anna: Well, those are Combi's entry-level strollers. The SUB-V is brand new, so we don't have any feedback on it yet. The Travel Savvy gets good marks from our readers.

Unfortunately, Combi is not sold in Canada (as you've discovered). And we always suggest looking/test-driving a stroller before ordering. So if you can make a cross-border trip to try them out, that would be best.

Best wishes,
Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

twinmom
05-22-2001, 04:39 PM
When I was pregnant, we purchased two Travel Savvy strollers for our twins from Babystyle.com. At first, we weren't sure that we'd need single strollers, but we are extremely glad that we bought them! The Travel Savvy is a lightweight, yet sturdy, stroller that folds and unfolds *very* easily. I can unfold one of these strollers with one hand, while holding a baby with the other!

The Travel Savvy is more maneuverable and much easier to push than our Opus Duo side-by-side stroller. When taking the twins out by myself, I actually prefer to carry one twin in a Baby Bjorn and push the other in one of our Travel Savvy strollers ... they're that much easier to use than the Opus Duo! They also fold down quite small, so we can fit them in our car very easily.

My only complaint about the Travel Savvy is that it only has a three-point harness, so our babies can lean waaaay over the side (we just have to watch them a little more carefully when we're out for a walk). The stroller has a bar across the front, though, so it's still quite difficult for a baby to fall out.

I imagine that the regular Savvy strollers and the other brands (Maclaren and Peg Perego) are probably heavier and sturdier. Also, the Travel Savvy doesn't have a boot or other extras (though it does have a lightweight sun canopy). If you're looking for a good, basic, portable stroller, though, I'd definitely recommend the Travel Savvy!

P.S. I sympathize with you about having to buy a stroller over the Internet, and not being able to see one beforehand. We don't have any stores in our area that sell Combis, Maclarens, or other quality strollers. :(

shandrin
05-22-2001, 07:13 PM
Although i didn't buy the travel savvy i did by the savvy z, no real complaints other than the 3pt harness(if your child climbs out of strollers) and that the seat is rather small(but so are my kids!) so it didn't matter! it was great as a quick trip stroller and even pushed nicely with my 4yr old in it(so about 35lbs+) the basket is small and it can tip over so you do have to be careful unloading. I'd just ensure a good return policy of the online store you buy from just in case your less than pleased!:)