PDA

View Full Version : Snap-n-Go Stroller and Century Smart Fit Plus Car Seat

veebee
05-22-2001, 02:39 PM
After test driving it in the store with our car seat, we bought a snap-n-go stroller thinking we wouldn't have to think about strollers again for at least another 6 months. When we got it home and read the assembly instructions, I noticed that it said "This is not for use with Century Smart Fit car seats." I was very surprised, because it fit together so well in the store. I called Baby Trend and then Century to find out what the story was. According to Baby Trend, Century has asked them not to include Smart Fit on their list saying that the plastic for the shopping cart latch (where it also hooks on to the snap-n-go) isn't very strong and could break on the snap-n-go. So if you use this stroller, it will void the warranty. Century's story was that they hadn't safety tested the snap-n-go so they couldn't recommend using it.

Now we're back to square one and will reinvestigate Combi's perfect match strollers. For anyone looking at the Snap-n-Go, please read the instructions FIRST so you'll know if your seat is approved for use with it.

alandenisefields
05-22-2001, 09:18 PM
Hi there. We have a news item on this subject posted on our web page (www.babybargainsbook.com---go to updates then news). While we have heard of a few scattered reports of this problem, we think Century is blowing it out of proporation in order to scare folks away from the Snap & Go (and hence, to their OWN travel systems!).

That's our 2¢
Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

mma800
05-23-2001, 07:20 PM
I have the SmartFit Plus, and the Snap n Go. They're both less than a year old (my daughter is 9 mos old) and I got the carseat as a shower gift, and bought the snap n go when she was 3 days old. It was obviously before Century started putting up that warning- as all my stuff says it works perfect together---and trust me it does!! I used it for months and loved it! I always say the snap n go is the best invention EVER!!!

Now I also have the Combi Ultra Savvy w/ the perfect match ( cost me just under $300) I must say that I used the Snap n go MORE OFTEN as it had a bigger basket- and was just plain easier to use! I use the Combi all the time now that she's out of her infant car seat- but hardly at all when I had a choice of the two.

I wouldn't be too worried about the warnings- their probably just trying to make a buck!!!
Easier said than done, though , when it's your kid! BUT my seat and snap n go ARE covered by the warranty!

good luck!

NolansMom
06-22-2001, 10:14 PM
We used the Snap-n-Go with the Century Car Seat & it worked great! No problems at all. If you decide to buy one, you might look into getting a used one. Ours came with several car seat attachment bars & there was a specific one for Century. I have seen some deals on ebay - just be sure to ask if they have the Century attachment bar.