PDA

View Full Version : Update on the Weight of the Bertini Steerable Stroller

Minnie Mouse
05-23-2001, 11:33 AM
Even though their website had NO weight info...and I couldn't find any info anywhere else on the web...we did finally find a local store that carried it. Actually there was only ONE store in the Philly metro area!!

It is an absolutely gorgeous stroller. Perfect for a city dweller that won't be hauling it in and out of a car trunk. You could practically push it with one finger, it's so smooth. The steerable carriage wheels work beautifully and it seems like the baby would be riding on air when in it.

Unfortunately, the salesperson in the store (who was fairly knowledgable) agreed with us that it wasn't the stroller for us. He estimated the weight at over 35lbs!!! 13lbs heavier than the Milano that my husband and I were looking at! When collapsed, the stroller was about a foot high as well, making it unwieldy (sp?) as well as heavy. There is no way that I would be able to get this stroller in and out of the trunk by myself easily.

And here is the kicker...the stroller (at least at this store) was...are you sitting down??...$600!!!! ACK!!!

So I am going to call my aunt (read my previous post from two weeks ago) and tell her thank you, but this really isn't the stroller for us. She did ask us to make sure that we could use it...hopefully I can do this as delicately as possible.

Thanks for listening...

Christine
EDD #1 7/23/01

mma800
05-23-2001, 07:12 PM
Hey! I hope you're able to persuade your aunt!! It is a monster of a stroller!! I have the handbook here and it doesn't say the weight in it anywhere- but I'd guess that EMPTY it's about 40 lbs or so. And there's no way to haul it in/out of a car! As I said- I have a love/hate thing with mine. BUT I only paid $250.00 for it by buying the floor model at the end of the baby expo.

Glad you made the decision!!