PDA

View Full Version : Double Stroller Ideas for Toddler/baby?

woshirta
05-27-2001, 05:30 PM
I have a 3 1/2 year old son who loves to ride in a stroller and an 8 week old baby. I have a very bad back, so carrying the baby and pushing a single stroller is very difficult for me and getting harder. All the double strollers I have seen seem to be geared toward children closer in age. i.e. They don't fit my son very well (he's also tall).

I am trying to decide if I should get something like the duoglider or a jogging stroller (I'm looking at the dreamer ditto).

The in-line stroller seems to be good (vs. side-by-side) for two children of very different weights. I find it a little difficult to push and turn though.

The jogging stoller is great for pushing, but I am worried about my daughter being so small, they don't go everywhere (stores, etc.) and they cost twice as much as the regular strollers.

Bottom line, nothing is perfect - or even close to it. What have others done? I would appreciate some opinions.

Thanks

Belacane
05-28-2001, 03:42 PM
Alex will be 18 months when Isabelle is born in October. After much research we discarded the idea of a side-by-side because we are sure that Alex will want to "play with" or "help with" the baby if she is right next to him.

So then we had to examine tandem style strollers. I checked reviews on epinions.com, babygearreview.com, and this website's comments, and narrowed it down to the Peg Perego Duette or the Inglesina Biposto. Both of these seemed to have the best reviews, the best space for the kids, and the most usable features. We did go to Babies R Us to look at more reasonably-priced models, but they ALL had the back baby being really, really squished.

I went to two stores in my area, one carried the Duette and one the Biposto. After examining the setup, folding ability, weights/dimensions, and putting Alex who is now 13 months into the seats (both the front and back), we decided on the Biposto. It is pricey, but will be comfortable for the children; since I can buy it locally, it will be easier to return if there are problems, AND, this was a big AND: you can change it into a triple or a quad if you have other kids later (which we may do). With the addition of a Transverse Bar you can mount two seats side by side and then face them towards the third and/or fourth seats which you can purchase individually. The most helpful site I found for Biposto information is www.babysaurus.com.

Good luck and congrats!

Donna

woshirta
05-29-2001, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the reply. I have looked at these strollers, but they don't have very big wheels. I am afraid that they will not do very well at the zoo or in the snow. Also, they seem to be geared toward smaller children.

I think that I will have to look at jogging strollers.I will look at the website you mentioned.

Thanks again