PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased the Combi Savvy-Z stroller, would like

pabick
05-30-2001, 06:42 PM
input from anyone who owns this model. I like the fact that it is so lightweight but it doesn't seem very durable. We are adopting and don't have a baby yet but Comfort Living had such a good deal I couldn't pass it up!! I would appreciate any reviews on this model. Thanks, Patty

cali_boston
05-31-2001, 04:19 PM
It's not very durable. I had mine for 1 year and 7 months and am now on hold with Combi because it's being repaired. I am still trying to get them to replace the stroller, but am not having much luck. I am so disappointed. I purchased this because Combi was highly recommended by the Fields in the baby Bargains book. But it has been a nightmare dealing with Combi customer service. I hope they do not continue to rank Combi as highly as in the past. I've been very happy with my Perego but needed a smaller stroller since the boston subways stations do not have elevators. I thought Combi was a good choice but I will never buy another Combi. I recommended the stroller to several friends but will never do so again.

rosebud142
05-31-2001, 07:58 PM
Hi,

Funny, I have the opposite opinion and completely agree with the Fields' high rating (A) for Combis.

I love my Combi. I had the Savvy Z originally and upgraded to the Ultra Savvy when I found a great deal on it. I gave the SavvyZ to baby's grandma and she loves it as well. The Savvy Z as you know is very lightweight at 7.7 lbs. (the weight of an average newborn) so that in itself explains the "feeling" of being flimsy. In reality though, this stroller is very durable and maneuvers great. I have taken mine through muddy/slushy snow, camping where trails were rocks and gravel, the malls, street shopping, airplane ride to Disneyland---just about everywhere and it still looks and feels brand new. My daughter was quite comfortable in it. The only drawback is that it doesn't recline fully but if you are 'on the go', it may not matter too much. Plus my daughter didn't like to sleep in her stroller too much anyway. The basket space is small so I hung my bag over the handlebar and let it hang as low as possible so there is more weight closer to the ground to prevent tipping (still be careful though). Aside from that, I highly recommend this stroller. If you're willing to pay a little more, consider the Ultra Savvy 2001. It is basically the same thing - just a tad bit larger and heavier at still only 10 lbs. but they added the full recline, larger basket and wheels, perfect match system and matching cover and canopy for the baby carrier. If you are adopting an infant under 20lbs. the perfect match feature is something really handy. It also comes with a handy stroller pack (which by the way works best if you install it opposite of how they demo it -- where the pockets are on the inside part of the handlbar). Overall, either one will serve you well. Good luck with your adoption!