PDA

View Full Version : Does Perego Adapter Bar Work with Graco SnugRide?

acadiaphile
06-06-2001, 02:38 PM
I'm planning on getting a Peg Perego Pliko stroller and adding the Perego Adapter Bar so that I can attach a Graco SnugRide infant car seat. Have any of you tried this arrangement? Does it work? According to the information I received the Perego Adapter Bar works with "most" infant seats. I'd like to know which ones.

acadiaphile
06-06-2001, 04:13 PM
I finally got the answer to this myself: The answer's no. According to Peg Perego, the Adapter Bar will work with infant seats advertised to fit into a grocery cart. According to Graco, the SnugRide infant seat will not fit into a grocery cart.

jkcohen
06-07-2001, 11:45 PM
Yes the Perego Adapter Bar works with the Graco SnugRide. I don't know if the adapter bar fits onto the Pliko stroller - I have it on the Venezia. It works great with our Graco car seat.

nywifey
06-12-2001, 11:09 AM
I'm planing on purchasing the Venezia stroller and have yet to see the adaptor bar. I believe on the 2001 model, it is not needed. Anyhow, does the SnugRider fit comfortably in the stroller. I've read comments where people have said it fits, but does not lock in. I'd love to know more details.

Thanks!

Minnie Mouse
06-12-2001, 01:51 PM
Yes you do need it on the 2001 model. According to Peg the only difference between the 2000 and the 2001 models is "the ability to attach the Peg Perego car seat"...NOT all other car seats. If you want to "attach" other seats you need to get the adapter bar.

Christine

acadiaphile
06-12-2001, 06:50 PM
After hearing the mixed reports, I visited Buy Buy Baby and tried attaching the SnugRide to the Pliko with an Adapter Bar. It seemed to fit great (although it didn't "lock" into place). I yanked and pulled once in place and it seemed quite secure (and not as "tippy" as the Combi Ultra Savvy with the same set up.)

soontobee
06-21-2001, 08:39 PM
Just wondering,

but when you attached the SnugRide carseat to the Perego Pliko using the attachment bar, did the carseat actually "Lock or Latch" onto the attachement bar? Was it secure?
I spoke with a Perego CSR who said that you are supposed to "strap" down the car seat with the included strap that comes with the attachment bar if you use any other car seat...Is this necessary with the Pliko?

Thanks for the help in advance...