PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Combi 6610 Perfect Match

TaraNY
06-11-2001, 05:47 AM
I won't have a chance to check this stroller out in stores until this weekend, but I'm dying of curiousity. I'm rethinking my choice after reading reviews of the Evenflo travel systems and after reading the Baby Bargains book. If anyone out there has this Combi stroller, I'd appreciate some feedback on the following:

-The Babies R Us site says it takes 4 steps to fold. How difficult is it really?

-How is manueverablity?

-What are your overall impressions of this stroller?

Thanks in advance!

cscbrown
06-11-2001, 10:20 AM
I have had this stroller for about 2 months, and I use it with an Evenflo On My Way carseat. I have really enjoyed this stroller. Compared to the Evenflo stroller I used before, it is definitely an improvement. I will try to answer some of your questions - folding the stroller is not really a problem. Actually it seems very simple compared to the Evenflo. The only problem I sometimes have is getting the front wheels in the correct place to latch the stroller together. The stoller is very easy to maneuver - I don't have a problem steering with one hand while I hold my baby with the other. It is very smooth and responsive. However, when I use it with my carseat it is a little dificult to go between tightly spaced racks in stores, but probably no more so than any travel system. Overall I am pleased with the stroller. I use it mainly for shopping trips and walks on paved exercise trails, and it performs well in those situations. The only negative for me is its size when folded. I have a small car, and it takes up a lot of my trunk. There is still room for a week of groceries, but I can't put anything large in the trunk with the stroller. Other than that one minor problem I am very please with the Combi and would recommend it.

ckayakdude
06-14-2001, 06:17 PM
The 6610 is very easy to fold, once you get the hang of it, and in general, it seems to work well. We use it with a Century SmartFit Plus car seat, and it fits fine.

My one complaint is that we used the stroller just once before I noticed that the front wheels wobbled a lot. My wife, who is 5'4", doesn't notice the wobble when she pushes it as much as I do, but I'm 6'1" and tend to walk faster, and the wobble is more pronounced the faster the stroller is pushed. I emailed Combi earlier today to find out if this is fixable, and will post the answer when I find out. Has anyone else had this problem?

I find the 6610 to be very maneuverable, and the ride seems to be OK with my son, Noah.

The main reason we bought the Combi over a "travel system" is that it was MUCH lighter. We also found it on sale for $99.

raynjen
06-15-2001, 01:27 PM
In regards to your comment about the "wobbling wheels" - the front two wheels can be locked in position which eliminates this problem, however the stroller then does not turn as easily. This locking mechanism is the same one you use before folding the 6610.

ckayakdude
06-15-2001, 01:55 PM
<<In regards to your comment about the "wobbling wheels" - the front two wheels can be locked in position which eliminates this problem, however the stroller then does not turn as easily. This locking mechanism is the same one you use before folding the 6610. >>

Yes, we figured that out. However, one reason Combi put the larger wheels on the 6610 was to make it more maneuverable, and locking the wheels kind of defeats the purpose. The wobble has to be a design defect or something; had we known this was the case, we probably would have bought a different stroller. (As it is, we use our Snap-N-Go more than the Combi anyway ...)

I'm hoping the company will offer to fix our 6610, but I haven't heard from them yet.