PDA

View Full Version : Inglesina Planet

mef
06-12-2001, 11:41 AM
We have been looking for a good, lightish-weight, durable stroller to take overseas for several months. Our baby is due any day, so we would like something that has full recline. We'll be in a city with a rainy season and bumpy roads with lots of hills, so we were leaning toward something like the Peg Perego Sherpa Bubble or Pliko Trek. We were also looking at the Maclaren Vogue or Techno, but they seem pretty skimpy in the head support department for the first few months, and the canopy isn't very effective. The Combi Ultra Savvy also looks interesting, but we're not sure how well it will hold up through pretty intense use.

However, friends of ours just ordered a new Inglesina Planet stroller. The price is comparable to the Perego strollers, and it looks as though the features are superior (bigger basket, slightly lighter, extendable handles.) It has a rain fly that tucks into the canopy (like the Pliko Trek), full recline, etc etc -- all the features we want.

Our friends' stroller hasn't arrived yet, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with this stroller in particular, or with Inglesina strollers in general?

Thanks!

Geebee
06-12-2001, 01:23 PM
I bought and returned an Inglesina Ace (by UPS, ugh). I returned it because I spent the entire time kicking the back wheels on a trip to the mall. That drives me nuts. Other than that, it was a nice compact stroller, easy to fold (umbrella style), seemed well made, lightweight, decent basket, reclining. I thought that it was comparable to one of the lower end Maclarens. But for a higher end stroller (at $160), I don't want to be bending over to push the stroller or kicking the back wheels when I push the stroller. (I'm only 5'4".)

Take the stroller for a test drive, if you can.

mef
06-12-2001, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the info. The Inglesina Planet is a higher-end stroller, and I believe it has extensible handles. I will try to do a test-drive when my friend's stroller arrives. Anyone else with experience?