PDA

View Full Version : Does the Peg Perego "venezia" model come with an car seat attachment bar?

IVFbaby2001
06-12-2001, 10:15 PM
I'm considering purchasing a Perego Venezia. I looked on the web site but could not figure out if this model comes with the attachment bar or if it is sold seperately. I was also wondering which infant car seats out there would be compatible.
Thanks!

nywifey
06-13-2001, 08:52 AM
The car seat attachment is an additional $19. The only car seat that will "click" into it is the new Peg Perego's Viaggio which doesn't have a track record in US since it just debuted. I'm considering this stroller with the attachment bar and the Graco Snug Rider DX5 car seat (rated #1 in consumer reports). I have read reviews that once you see the Viaggio car seat and the way it "clicks" into the stroller, some parents really liked it and said it felt very secure. So, I'm kinda debating....

app
06-14-2001, 05:54 PM
We just purchased a venezia and it came with an attachment bar in the box, but I don't know if that was a store promotion or if the attachment bar is separate.

We tried out a variety of car seats by major manufacturers with the venevia & attachment bar & all of the ones we tried were compatible. The infant car seat we selected, however, the Fisher Price Stay in View, was not available for testing at the same store where the venezia was, so cannot tell you for sure about it (although a different discussion thread in the car seats chapter discusses compatibility between the venezia and the Stay in view seat, so we went ahead with it).

Good luck!

kicksmom
06-29-2001, 10:57 PM
Yes, the attachment bar is extra (paid $15.99 at babycatalog.com). We have a Century SmartFit Plus 22V (5-point harness) and our car seat "clicks" right onto the bar. Highly recommend the Venezia--great stroller with awesome features, and the attachment bar is a must. LOVE IT! It saved us from spending $60 on the Snap-N-Go and storing *yet another* stroller in our garage (we have the Venezia, Combi Travel Savvy for travel, and Baby Trend BabyJogger). It also allows me to get the most bang for my buck and really use my Venezia, which probably wouldn't have gotten alot of use in the first months if we had bought the Snap-N-Go.

JSOTO
07-11-2001, 11:35 AM
IF YOU PURCHASE A 2001 VENEZIA STROLLER, IT HAS BUILT IN LOCKING CLIPS FOR THE PEREGO CAR SEAT CALLED THE PRIMO VIAGGIO. BUT YOU CAN PURCHASE AN ADAPTER BAR FOR THE VENEZIA AND MILANO MODEL THAT WILL LET YOU ATTACH AN INFANT CAR SEAT TO IT. MOST MAJOR BRANDS WILL FIT ON THE BAR. THE ATTACHMENT BAR RETAILS FOR ABOUT $20.00. PEREGO DOES HAVE A WEBSITE www.perego.com. GOOD LUCK!!