PDA

View Full Version : Coach Diaper Bag

nywifey
06-13-2001, 08:57 AM
Anyone have the coach diaper bag? It looks great with lots of compartments. Any thoughts?

kimberley
06-21-2001, 08:28 PM
Where'd you see the Coach diaper bag? The city? Online?

nywifey
06-22-2001, 08:37 AM
Several places. A friend of mine received one as a gift but is too new of a mommy to give full comments on it since she barely has used it yet. I've seen it online as well as in the Coach Stores. It's called the Hampton's Diaper Bag. It resembles a regular Coach tote bag but has lots of pockets and pouches inside for bottles and accessories as well as a changing pad. The construction is sturdy and your backed by the Coach warranty. I love Coach products and thought this would be perfect for me. I hate backpacks and don't want the typical diaper bag. Many of my mommy friends have the Kate Spade Messenger Bag but it's too bulky for me. I personally don't care for the Lands End bags, they lack in style. I'd much rather have something that I would enjoy using, than be forced to carry due to the baby stuff.

Mel21
06-27-2001, 10:41 PM
My baby is due anyday and I have been looking at the Coach Hamptons bag too.

To me, it seems like the nicest one so far (most stylish, good brand name, and very user-friendly).

It does seem fairly lightweight, to have lots of pockets and sections, and a changing pad.

Comparatively, the Kate Spade has no sections or pockets.

I wish the Coach came in more colors or color combinations though - there's black, white/black, and pink/black, but something in navy would be great since so many strollers are navy, and less stainable colors too than the white and very light pink.

nywifey
06-28-2001, 09:33 AM
I was at the Coach store yesterday (found a great pair of sunglasses!) and the saleswoman said new colors will be arriving in July as well as winter colors in October. I have the same concerns regarding the fabric, and I read on their website that it's protected with stainguard and if you use soap and water a stain should come out. I'm thinking of getting it in black myself.

TaraNY
06-28-2001, 09:46 AM
I assume the Hamptons diaper bag is canvas, right? Does the bag close at the top? If so, is it a zipper or snap closure?

I am a *huge* Coach fan - DH already asked me if Coach made a diaper bag since he assumed I'd want one, but I didn't think they made one. So I was very excited to see this thread!

nywifey
06-28-2001, 10:06 AM
LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-01 AT 09:11AM (Mountain)[p]I love Coach too! The bag is made from double thread cotton. I would consider it a cross between linen and canvas. Not a rough canvas like an LLBean boat type, much softer. They also make a leather version. It's loaded with pockets and has a zip closure on top. I was thinking of purchasing a large cosmetic case (maybe not a Coach one, but something nice) to use for my wallet, lipstick, keys etc.. to put inside the bag. There are a lot of pockets, but I think I'd prefer my stuff in one place without "digging" for things. I asked the saleswoman and it's already considered a staple in their line. Don't you just hate when you like a bag and then go there and they say "Oh, that was in the Spring Collection"! I was told they are flying off the shelves!!

I'm so happy to see that there are other classy ladies out there!

PS: DH asked the same thing to me!

kicksmom
06-29-2001, 10:25 PM
I have the Kate Spade diaper bag and mine does have interior pockets--5 to be exact (none on the outside--that would ruin the Kate Spade look :>). I love it! It also has the changing pad and a dirty duds bag.

nywifey
07-05-2001, 12:44 PM
Which Kate Spade do you have? I'm debating between the Coach Diaper Bag and the Kate Spade Messenger Bag. I like that the messenger bag has one long strap, but it seems too bulky. I wish she made a medium version.

kicksmom
07-23-2001, 03:45 PM
The Kate Spade bag I have is actually her "baby bag" that is designed for hauling baby's essentials. It has a really nice dirty duds bag, and a super soft and thick changing pad, and then 5 pockets on the inside. It is not the Messenger Bag, but the Baby Bag. I purchased mine at Jacobson's in Indianapolis. I'm sure other dept. stores would have it. :> Good luck! (Hard decision choosing between Coach and Kate Spade! :>)

emmiem
07-26-2001, 09:57 AM
I love the Coach Diaper Bag! It's big and durable. It has enought compartments and looks like a classy tote bag. In fact, I would not hesitate to use it later. I bought mine at the Coach outlet store. I called and they let me know when one came in. They also have it online.

nywifey
07-28-2001, 09:49 PM
I think you got lucky! I don't believe they make your version anymore. Neiman Marcus has purchased Kate Spade Inc. and all her bags can be seen on their website. The bag you described is not there. I have seen her Baby Bags in person and they do not have more than one pocket inside and only 2 bottle pockets on the outside. The messenger baby bag has 3 inside pockets with no bottle pockets on the outside. It's due to the lack of pockets that's making me crazy. I just discovered the Undiaper Bag on estyle.com. Looks very similar to the coach bag and is a fraction of the price ($98). They claim it's less bulky than typical bags. I wish I could see it in person but that's the disadvantage with online ordering.

Anyhow, my search continues....

Thanks

kicksmom
07-29-2001, 11:55 AM
LAST EDITED ON Jul-29-01 AT 11:03AM (Mountain)[p]That is so strange that you can't find it! I received it for Mother's day, which is around the time my hubby bought it. The pattern I have is already marked down 30% at Jacobson's here in town. When we got it, the saleslady told my husband that they had *just* arrived. I found the tag that came with it and the label says "Kate Spade baby" and there's actually 4 inside pockets and 1 zipper pocket in the inside too. Nothing on the outside. I just checked katespade.com and they have my bag on the web site--also none of her baby bags has pockets on the outside. My bag is called "medium baby bag"--she also has a "large baby bag". To see what my bag looks like, check out this link:

http://www.katespade.com/collection/babybags/babybag_collection/baby04/index.html

To see the pattern I have it in (park stripe), check out this link:

http://www.katespade.com/collection/handbags/fashion/handbag14/index.html

To see both the medium and large bags in nylon, check out this link:

http://www.katespade.com/collection/babybags/babybag_collection/baby01/index.html

Good luck finding it!

kicksmom
07-29-2001, 12:01 PM
LAST EDITED ON Jul-29-01 AT 11:03AM (Mountain)[p]nywifey, OK, I just checked neimanmarcus.com and they *do* have the bag I have--just not in the pattern I have. Check it out here:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/prod.jhtml?bname=Shop+for+Her&id=121717&cid=1566&suiteId=

Let me know what you think--it may not be what you're looking for. :> Again, good luck!

nywifey
07-30-2001, 11:48 AM
LAST EDITED ON Jul-30-01 AT 10:53AM (Mountain)[p]I truly appreciate all your help!

I literally have the Medium Bag in Nylon right here in front of me (several girlfriends and I chipped in together for it for a friend) and it has only one small zip pocket on the inside and 2 bottle pockets on the outside (they are side slot pockets that in the picture you cannot see, but are there on the sides of her baby bags only). If you read the description on Neiman Marcus, that's the bag. Only her Messenger Nylon Baby Bag offers 3 pockets inside, plus the small zip pocket and a velcro pocket outside. Her standard Nylon Baby Bags never discount, only the seasonal ones do. You have a seasonal one. (Nice pattern!) I'm thinking because it was seasonal, that's why it's different than her standard line (with more pockets). None of them come with a dirty duds bag only the changing pad. You really got lucky. If you read the descriptions of the bags you indicated, they don't have nearly as many pockets as you describe.

Perhaps she was running an exclusive with your department store on that style bag. In NYC, I've seen her standard nylon baby bags at her store in Soho, Bloomingdales, Bergdoff's, Saks and Barney's and even Neiman Marcus in NJ, they are always the same bag. Mind you, always full price and ALWAYS sold out! (That's how I discovered all the locations!)

Enjoy your bag! That bag might be very valuable one day. It's rare to have such a unique Kate Spade Bag. Your very lucky!!

mattsmom
08-06-2001, 03:36 AM
This is my first time posting after spending many many hours reading the message boards!

Buying a diaper bag seemed to be a bigger deal than expected! I have had very good luck with estyle.com until I ordered their "Un-diaper Bag." It states on their site that it is trimmed in leather- not so! It's as vinyl as vinyl gets! Overall I felt the construction of it was very poor- especially for what they wanted for it. I'm sure Cindy Crawford is not carrying this bag. I called estyle to complain and their customer service department insisted that it is leather, though they did agree to pay for the return shipping.

I now have two bags, the eddie bauer small tote (mostly for my hubby) and the Coach for myself. I love the Coach bag and my husband loves the EB- both of us are happy with our choices!

kimberley
08-08-2001, 05:48 PM
I was at the Coach outlet (Woodbury Commons, NY) the other day, and saw a SLEW of the Hamptons bags, and thought of all of you. Just wanted to let you know they have them in stock, should you be interested.

As a sidebar, I was in Nordstrom's the other day and bought the Baby Bjorn diaper bag. It's sleek and round. Very sexy for a diaper bag. The baby isn't here yet, so I can't guage it's usefulness, but I think it will work well for occasions when the Coach bag is too big.

kassaal
11-11-2001, 04:56 PM
Anyone care to comment on the Coach all-leather Hampton's baby bag? I find it more stylish than the canvas bag and the Coach outlet is selling it for only $35 more than the canvas.

ma2be
12-20-2001, 10:49 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that they redesigned the Coach Diaper Bag. I was just at Coach yesterday and it's now called the Multifunction Transatlantic Bag. (They redesigned it since many people were purchasing it not for a baby bag, but for their personal use) They shortened the straps by 2 inches. They were 29" now they are 27". I must say, the difference was noticable. They kept falling off my shoulder! It's not made of the Hamptons Canvas fabric either, it's a heavy "Coach" fabric which makes it resemble "luggage" more than a Baby Bag. The fabric also concerned me since I think it could stain easier with baby formula than the original fabric. The saleswoman said that Coach still makes the Original Hamptons Baby Bag but now it's only available online in Sand and Pink. If you want black you have to purchase the new bag. Which is unfortunate since I thought the original Hamptons version was a great bag. I know it's only the strap lengths and the fabric but it makes a huge difference! Why fix it when it's not broken?

mgupta
01-26-2002, 05:54 PM
Since my DD is 17 months and I don't need the "suitcase" aka newborn diaper bag, I actally got the Coach Hampton Lunch tote.....it works great. I can fit toys, snacks, sippy cups, diapers, and wipes in it with my wallet and cell phone. It is great for mall crawls and just going for dinner. Keep all the other stuff in the car. you rarely need it. I don't think their is a perfect bag out there...I have 5 diaper bags...all which sit in the closet of the car for when I need it. I love my Coach tote! It is a little pricey though ($200), but got it as a suprise gift from my hubby.

suzindrew
01-26-2002, 09:01 PM
My son is only 7-months and I use the Coach Large Daypack for my diaper bag for most trips to the mall and stuff. I also found my regular diaper bag to be just too big for most occassions. I do however keep the cheap hospital diaper bag full of diapers and some spare cereal in the car for emergencies.

nywifey
02-20-2002, 10:10 PM
Is anyone using the "re-designed" coach baby bag/transatlantic bag? I'd like to know your thoughts on this new model.

Thanks

SW
02-21-2002, 08:14 AM
I just brought my coach diaper back back...it was the leather model and i felt it was way too heavy (w/o anything in it).. I did see the cloth transatlantic models..they seem to weight just about the same in my opinion. Althought, they did three models to choose from. and the smallest model is the lightest. althought i wasn't crazy about the fabric/style..so i didn't get one..just store credit..I also checked out the kate spade models. They are less expensive. I am told that they can frey on the bottom..and they seemed pretty basic in style and stiff construction/shape. however, they do have a more expensive one that has feet on the bottom and stylish...however, i am still looking..I would like one that is light weight, stylish and softer shape.

shelly

nywifey
03-03-2002, 12:48 AM
I just got the Redesigned Coach baby bag today from the outlet. The outlet sells it for $179 (Retail $289) and they were running a store wide 25% off sale. It looks exactly like the original Hamptons Baby Bag. They only had it in Black and Pink and I got black. I noticed on their website they added it back to the line only calling it the "Transatlantic bag". The one your referring to that resembles luggage is the signature pattern, which is a heavier fabric than the hamptons. I love the bag and think it's a great "first time mommy carry everything" bag! Plus, it makes a great tote after baby.

julie1218
04-04-2002, 04:18 PM
i bought this bag (the all leather black version) and returned it because it kept slipping off my shoulders. my shoulders have always been narrow, and i have always disliked purses with shoulder straps. i don't know why i forgot that and bought this diaper bag. diaper bags are heavy, so if a shoulder strap purse slips off your shoulders, this diaper bag definitely will. i suggest trying a purse with shoulder straps (like a beach tote or something) for a day or two if you are concerned about this issue. if the shoulder purse slips off, then don't buy this diaper bag.

instead, i traded this bag for the coach backpack. they have several, and i got the biggest one that they carry. it's been GREAT as a diaper bag. i already liked backpacks as purses, so this worked out great for me. i have the all leather black version, and it's the biggest backpack they make. it was about $450.

julie