PDA

View Full Version : Best Stroller for the money

babytoluv
06-18-2001, 01:00 PM
I don't mean to post again but I am really stressing over the decision on which stroller to buy. I thought the Pilko travel system was the best that I could possibly do but now that it is being recalled, I don't know what to do. I can't carry one of those bulky evenflo or Graco strollers. I need something lightweight but won't fall apart after a year of use. I need a travel system, that has an infant seat attached that is easy to install in the car. Money is not really a problem since my boss is paying for it but I want her to get her money's worth. I never bought a stroller before. I'll mainly use it for the baby's Doctor appointments, mall crawling, etc. I'm looking to all you experienced mommy's to help me out.

Thanks!

alandenisefields
06-18-2001, 02:33 PM
Hi there.

Let us clear that up---the Perego strollers are NOT being recalled. The infant seat is---at least that's the unofficial word we hear (the official release on this will be in a couple of days). Our advice: get the Pliko and the Perego car seat ATTACHMENT BAR and use it with any Graco or Century infant seat!

best wishes,
Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

babytoluv
06-18-2001, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the advice but my husband does not want to mix and match when it comes to strollers, i.e. Greco infant seat with Pilko stroller. He wants a complete set. This is sparking an argument between my husband and I and we are now talking about returning the whole system and getting a Greco or Evenflo travel system.

mom@home
06-19-2001, 09:37 AM
If your husband is really against mixing and matching, another option is the new Combi ultra savvy. This stroller can be used with any infant carseat and comes with a canopy to attach to your carseat that matches the stroller. Also, I have a Perego Sherpa Bubble stroller that I love - they really are fantastic strollers that I would highly recommend using with a Century or Graco carseat. Stay away from the Graco, Century, and Evevnflo travel systems - they are overpriced and the quality just isn't there.

evans dad
06-21-2001, 10:08 AM
Frankly, your husband is being silly about mixing brands. The Pliko is the best lightweight stroller out there. We use it with an Evenflo carrier, and couldn't be happier.

The big Evenflo and Graco stoller systems are horrible.

shandrin
06-21-2001, 05:13 PM
You do want to be careful when basing your stroller choice fully on it's ability to carry an infant seat, babies grow quickly and sometimes you only get 6 months use out of an infant seat. While i do agree having an infant seat attachment is a convenience, since it isn't going to last years, your better off with choosing a stroller based upon itself and the features that it can offer you for the long haul.:)

Kate123
06-11-2002, 05:40 PM
What about the new Evenflo Featherlite Travel System? The stroller is only 13 lbs (extremely light!), steers like a dream (even with one hand), has a decent basket, two reclines (you don't need full recline with an infant seat snapping in), has a cup holder for toddler AND parent, and the snack tray swivels out to either let a toddler climb in and out ( a big plus when he's bigger and you dont' want to lift him in and out of the stroller) or for diaper changes. Plus the backrest of the stroller is very tall and is the only one I could find to fit my tall 3 year old....so good longevity. I just bought the stroller for my 3 year old (DS also due in August) and have been very happy with it. Plus it does not take up my whole trunk like some of the larger strollers.

Good luck,
Kate

lmintzer
06-11-2002, 06:56 PM
I agree with other posters about avoiding the Graco and Evenflo travel systems. Tell your husband to look around while you guys are out at the mall--you can spot those cheapy travel systems a mile away by their squeaking!

If your husband is concerned with asthetics/matching, you could try to get an infant seat cover that coordinates well with the Pliko. For example, the Chesepeake (sp?) pattern (navy and white) in the Pliko would coordinate nicely with the navy and white pattern offered by Evenflo on their "Cozy Carry" seat (the replacement for the On My Way). Or, you could see about a Graco or Century seat with a cover that coordinates.

Show your husband these posts to help back up your point of view. You'll be MUCH happier with a Pliko than with a heavy, bulky, plastic Evenflo or Graco travel system!

Lisa
& Jack, 13 months

zane
06-12-2002, 11:54 PM
Its all about what suits you. Tell your husband that we know whats up , LOL, and you don't want to be stuck with one of those hideous big cheapie travel system strollers that bog you down at the mall. You will use the car seat carrier for a short time (8 months just FLEW by for me) and then you want a great, perfect stroller- which is the Pliko, it is a great all around stroller.
I just bought the Combi 2002 Ultra Savvy that has that matching car seat cover , it is a total waste, doesn't fit my Graco Snugride, nor my Century Smartfit car seat, so forget that idea, but i LOVE the stroller. The 2002 is redesigned and much better than the older ones on sale everywhere, so be aware.
I adore this ltwt, full featured stroller and think it is a perfect addition to any family.
The Pliko is my #2 choice, coz it is a bit clunkier to push and turn, but still an excellent choice, and many prefer it coz they think the combi is too small ( which i did as well, till i test drove this one, pricey at $300.
Good Luck.
zane

Libby_1
06-13-2002, 02:56 PM
We bought the Peg Perego Pliko travel system 2 months ago. We did extensive research as to which travel system to buy. Like you, we didn't want one of those bulky travel systems that take up your whole trunk and are so heavy you can't even lift it! Yes the car seat was recalled but it was a minor part and was easy to fix. Peg Perego sent us the part and we fixed it in about 2 minutes. Also, you might not get a seat that was recalled. It was only car seats made between certain dates (I can't remember the dates) that were recalled. We have a program in Washington state called Safe Kids where you can take your car seat and they check it out for recalls and make sure you know how to fasten your baby in properly and that it is installed in your car properly. When we took our car seat to them they said they thought Peg Perego's car seats were one of the best car seats on the market safety wise. Anyway, bottom line is we love our Peg Perego Pliko travel system and we are extremely happy we bought it and have absolutely no regrets!! By the way we bought our Pliko travel system for $219.00 on www.costco.com! Good luck!