PDA

View Full Version : Question about carriers....

IVFbaby2001
06-18-2001, 08:21 PM
I was going to buy a travel system, but after reading the baby bargains book I'm going with just a regular stroller and the britax car seat. My question is without the travel system and the britax car seat that does not have a carrier, what do I carry the baby around in? I have the bjorn carrier, but I'm wondering about to carry the baby in and out of church and if we go out to eat. I always see women with the baby in the car seats. If we have a car seat that always stays in the car and do not have a travel system then what do we carry the baby around.
Thanks, Maria

mom@home
06-19-2001, 09:29 AM
While I agree that the travel systems are not the way to go, an infant carseat is a good idea for the very reasons that you mentioned. Until your baby can sit up, you won't be able to use highchairs in restaurants. An infant carseat doubles as a baby carrier as a safe and comfortable place to keep your baby in. Also, since babies usually fall asleep in the car, it is nice not to have to wake them when you move them from the car into the house. We have the Graco Snugride, which is $59 at Target, and we love it. In fact, our baby loved it so much that she slept in it at night for the first 2 months of her life! Good luck!