PDA

View Full Version : Venezia \ Pliko \ Snap n Go

nywifey
06-21-2001, 01:26 PM
LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-01 AT 12:26PM (Mountain)[p]Okay, here's my question to all you veteran moms: I'm planning on registering for the Venezia and Pliko strollers. I know they have an attachment bar for an infant seat, but I've been hearing how convenient the Snap n Go is to use. Do I really need it? I'm trying to decided. I live in NYC and the Venezia is a wonderful stroller/carriage for walking. The Pliko is great for later on when baby is a little older (Hey, I'm registering - I might as well get it now while people are offering gifts right!)I'm thinking that the snap n go might be nice as oppose to lugging around a full size stroller, when the stroller itself is not needed (driving to Grandma's but need to make a pit stop at the store). I'm planning on using the Venezia as my "main" stroller in the early months, but for $50 the convenience of the snap n go is enticing. Is it good "just to have" or a flat out waste of money?

Alan & Denise - would love your comments. (Please don't refer me to a page in your book, I've loaned it to a very dear friend since the book has been out of stock at our local Barnes & Nobles!)

NolansMom
06-22-2001, 09:54 PM
We had the Snap-n-Go when our son was born (Apr. 2000) and just loved it. At that time, Peg Perego and Combi didn't have strollers that would accomodate a car seat. The Snap-n-Go is very lightweight and easy to use. We used it almost exclusively during the first 6 months. We have the Peg Perego Milano too, but the Snap-n-Go was so much easier. Now we use the Milano when we will be out for awhile - our son seems to be pretty comfortable in it vs. an umbrella type stroller.

With you living in NYC, if you use public transportation at all, I would highly recommend it. It is so easy to carry with one hand.

BTW, they are about half price on ebay (we bought ours when estyle had a spend $100, get $50 off sale with free shipping too...so, basically it was free!)

mystrelady
06-23-2001, 04:33 PM
I've got exactly the same set up...my daughter is almost 8 months old. We have the Venezia and recently bought a Pliko. Love both!!! We also had the Snap-n-Go...I was hesitant, wasn't sure we'd need/use it, but boy, did we! We had the Graco Snug Ride 5 infant seat and it worked great in the Snap-n-Go. My duaghter was nearly 9 lbs. at birth and coupled with the seat, lugging around about 17 lbs and more as she grew, was not easy. The snap-n-go was great for running into the store, the post office, the bank, her doctor's appts. We brought it into restaurants when she was sleeping and it took up so much less room next to the table than the stroller would. If I had it to do over, I'd buy the better model, I think it's the LX or Deluxe...bigger basket, bigger wheels, maybe about $20 more. If there's room in your budget, I say go for it! You'll use it as long as your child is in the infant seat. Which btw, if I had that to do over, I'd probably go with the Century Smart Fit...would have held DD for another few months based on the lenght and weight limits. She was out of the Graco at 6 months because she was still under 20 lbs., but over 26" by then...the Century will take you to 29" and 22 lbs.

TLC1994
06-25-2001, 01:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-01 AT 12:15PM (Mountain)[p]There's also the Kolcraft Universal Car Seat System that you might want to check out. I saw it in the store and it looks really, really nice (one hand close, easy to fold up, big basket, etc.) and I just saw it in babystyle.com for $41.99!

Anyway, you can compare the 2 and see which one fits your infant car seat better.

wilson1222
06-25-2001, 01:36 PM
I have a Snap-n-Go that I purchased about five years ago. Best money I've ever spent. Loaned it to two different families and now have it back for my second child. I almost purchased the LX model for a friend. It does cost about $20 more but more importantly, it WEIGHS more. I don't know the weight delta but I think it's about ten pounds heavier. The LX weighs 18 pounds - more than either the Pliko or the Venezia so beware. I haven't been able to find the less deluxe model at BRU but it is still available and is called the Snap-n-Go Lite.

I've read other postings on this site and other sites that say the Snap-n-Go isn't particularly sturdy, that it wears out quickly and isn't really designed for folks who are doing a lot of walking (e.g. NYC living). I can attest to five years and three babies worth of use but none of us are serious pedestrians. Search this website for other comments on Sanp-n-Go and also look at www.babygearreview.com for more comments. I still love mine but my lifestyle is not that of a NYC commuter.

nywifey
06-26-2001, 08:14 AM
Thanks everyone for all your replies!! I've decided to go with the Kolcraft Universal Car Seat Stroller. It's lighter than the Snap n Go, has an extra large basket, cup holders and is $20 cheaper. I've found it at the Baby Depot. I decided for $39.99 it was worth it. Even if I only use it for quick stops in and out of the car (drug store, post office, etc..) I'm not planning on using it as a "main" stroller, the Venezia will be used daily for walking and mall crawling. With everyone telling me how heavy the infant seat can get with a growing infant, it's nice to know you have a place to put it and not always have to carry it. Thanks again for all your help!!