PDA

View Full Version : Double strollers - need advice!!

mrsfunctus
06-21-2001, 03:57 PM
I am pregnant with baby #2, due at Christmas. My daughter will be 18 months old when her dear sibling shows up. What on earth does one do for a stroller in a situation like this? I am in Canada so when baby #2 shows up I would really only be using the stroller in malls, as we'll be in the thick of snow and cold. By springtime my older one will be 2-ish....how much strolling does a 2 year old do? Can I get away without a double stroller or will it make my life a lot easier? Any brand recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great day everyone!

farrah3
08-27-2001, 01:14 PM
same situation, 2 month old and 20 month old, thought we could get away with our Combi Legacy single stroller, but are now searching for a double stroller after a hectic trip to the mall by myself last week. Let me know what you decide. babycatalog.com sells strollers for a great price if you are looking for a good company to buy from.

MonsterMom2
08-27-2001, 02:39 PM
Try the Graco DuoGlider. The front to back (limo) style makes mall maneuvering easier than a side-by-side and the stadium seating will allow both children to see when they are older.

strollerqueen
08-27-2001, 03:08 PM
Yes, most likely you need a double, 2 is pretty young. My daughter is 3 and 3 months and still loves to ride, she was 2 and 10 months when her brother was born. It is very cute to see the two together, and as an aside, they do tend to regress when the new baby is born. If the baby gets to ride, then so do I! is what she says.

I have a Gozo, tandem-style, and a Mountain Buggy SBS. They're both jogging, all-terrain type, because I find the other kind WAY too hard to push with two. Mine just glide smoothly along, up and down hills, over grass, broken sidewalks, etc. I have posted info. on both these models previously, but if you have any questions, I'm happy to answer. I have researched double strollers pretty thoroughly!!

Just make sure you try pushing the one you're considering WITH weight in them. It makes a world of difference when you're carrying a load.

I also know mommies who tried to force 2-yr-olds to walk because they didn't want to deal with a double. What they got was whining, tears, tantrums, meltdowns, etc. AND, I've seen plenty of incidents where the toddler runs off, EVEN into the street, and then you have to go chasing them and leave the baby behind all alone...ugh...buy a double.