PDA

View Full Version : Bottle warmer for traveling

rebwal
06-22-2001, 09:15 AM
I recently purchased a bottle warmer for use when I'm on the town, but it's the kind that is activated by snapping an insert (hard to explain) and can only be used once. In order to reactivate, you have to boil it in hot water for 15 minutes. I love this thing, but am sometimes out for more than one bottle worth of warming. Can anyone recommend a bottle warmer that plugs into the car. A friend had one that melted the bottle and I'm now afraid to purchase one, but I desperately need one. Please help.

nywifey
06-22-2001, 09:57 AM
I know the model your referring to, and it seems like a great concept, but the single usage would annoy me too. What model did your friend have that melted the bottle? The only other warmer I've seen is a Looney Tunes one and it's rather inexpensive, under $10.

rebwal
06-22-2001, 10:15 AM
Honestly, I'm not sure what model she had, she just told me that she would never trust a bottle warmer that plugs into the car again. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Thanks for the advice, though.

angusmom
06-23-2001, 12:17 PM
The one that I have seen that plugs into a car is made by a company called Dex. You can find it at babysupermall.com. I think is has safety features to prevent overheating. Hope this helps!

kicksmom
06-29-2001, 10:42 PM
LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-01 AT 09:44PM (Mountain)[p]Why don't you just buy the formula in the convenient 4 oz and 8 oz cans? That way you just pop the top off, pour it into a bottle and it's ready to go--no need to mess with bottle warmers. Formula comes out room temperature ready to drink. (Or get the individual powder packets and mix with warm or room temperature water.) Just a thought. :> This is what I do and I find it's so much easier than having to warm a bottle up. (Also because if you are warming a bottle, that means you had to chill it first--again more effort than is necessary. Just buy the prepackaged stuff and pack an empty bottle.)

littlemomma
06-29-2001, 10:58 PM
I bought the Dex bottle warmer that is expandle to fit Avent bottles. I got it at Babies R Us but you can buy it online from One Step Ahead. The problem is that I plugged it in for at least 20 minutes in the car on the way to the mall & it had barely warmed up the cold bottle. So now I just take along bottles of room temp water in my diaper bag & a small sample can of formula & just mix it when my baby is ready to eat. It really saves time & hassle from having to mix & refridgerate, then reheat. And you don't have to buy expensive prepackaged formula that might be wasted if your baby only wants 4oz of formula. The formula companies will send you a small sample can (about 4inches high) if you call & request it. I got mine inside the free case they sent before my son was born. I also just fill bottles w/ 6 oz water at home & zap them in the microwave for 23 seconds and add my 3 scoops of formula when baby is ready to eat. It really saves time!