PDA

View Full Version : Graco Metrolite vs. Perego Pliko - Is Graco quality that bad?

soontobee
06-26-2001, 09:18 AM
Hi folks,

We were recently in BRU looking at strollers and were pretty much set on getting a perego Pliko Sherpa stroller - I have no doubts about the quality and durability of the Peregos.
However, we also noticed the Graco Metrolite LE model on display which looked to have all the features we were looking for plus some extras (eg. accepts Snugride DX5 carseat w/o attachment bar) at $70 less than the Perego.
Comparing the two may be difficult, but I honestly felt that the Graco seemed pretty sturdy and durable in its own right.
Being this is our first stroller purchase, we were wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Graco Metrolite? Would it be able to hold up to normal wear and tear? (I'm sure the Perego would be able to stand up) and Finally, Is it worth the $70 (actually $90 w/ perego adapter bar) difference? (That difference is practiacally the cost of the DX5 car seat!)

Thankyou so much for your help in advance,
STB

alandenisefields
06-26-2001, 09:39 AM
Hi STB.

Good question---the Metrolite is a new model, so there isn't much specific feedback on that model YET. BUT . . . let's be honest----Graco's quality is light years behind Perego. Graco strollers are more likely to break and fall apart months/years before Perego. It is possible the Metrolite might perform better than Graco's other models, but that's up in the air.

Anyone else have thoughts on that?

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

nywifey
06-26-2001, 11:32 AM
I totally agree with the Fields'! Last month on vacation in Disneyworld I saw a woman whose Metrolite lost a wheel! I overheard her say she just purchased the stroller specifically for the vacation and what a piece of junk it was. Don't be mislead by cup holders! The Peg Peregos are by far better strollers and worth the investment!