PDA

View Full Version : Venezia vs. Pliko or both???

glennastone
06-26-2001, 10:54 AM
I am trying to decide on what stroller to register for and like all of the features of the Venezia. Do I really need the Pliko also? It seems for $300, that the Venezia should be the stroller that lasts me for awhile. I have read that some folks have both and am wondering if this is really necessary for me.
(I am also registering for the Graco Lite Rider for a more inexpensive, lightweight stroller.)
Thanks for your input!
Glenna

nywifey
06-26-2001, 11:37 AM
I am registering for both. The venezia is a great newborn carriage. I feel the Pliko is a great lightweight stroller for a toddler. I'm also planning on purchasing the Kolcraft Universal Car Seat Stroller for the Graco Snugrider Infant Seat. I don't see the need to lug the big venezia around when for $39 you can just pop the infant seat into the Kolcraft stroller for a quick run from the car to a store. Don't waste your money on a Graco stroller - I've witness them fall apart!

Geebee
06-26-2001, 01:11 PM
The Pliko is really more comparable to the Graco Lite Rider. If you prefer the Graco Lite Rider over the Pliko, then you don't really need the Pliko in addition to the Venezia. I agree with the above post that the Pliko is better than the Graco. So, if you want two, I'd go for the Pliko and Venezia (no Graco).

In my opinion, you could go with the Pliko and skip the Venezia and the Graco Lite Rider. The Pliko is fully reclining for a newborn, has a 5 point harness, decent basket, and great hood. The Plikos can accommodate newborns as well as toddlers. It also has an infant carseat adapter that allows other branded carseats to attach, making the Pliko a sort of travel system.

I guess that it comes down to how much money that you want to spend (or spent on you). With only one stroller to buy, you could spend the money elsewhere. Just a thought.

glennastone
06-26-2001, 01:22 PM
Does the Pliko have the reversible handle like the Venezia so the child can be forward or backward facing?

nywifey
06-26-2001, 01:33 PM
No, it does not. In my personal opinion, if you can afford the two, get them. If not, go with the Venezia for now. I just hate seeing little babies in strollers with their head's hunched over their shoulders. It just breaks my heart! They belong in a carriage where they can stretch out and relax. I think the Pliko's are much better for toddler age children. If you utlize the infant seat adaptor with the Pliko, in my opinion, the poor baby is always in the infant seat. Would you always want to be in the same seat everywhere you go? The Venezia let's them relax like a bed on wheels and offers some versatility.

That's just my two cents!

Geebee
06-27-2001, 09:33 AM
The above post is correct - the stroller does not have reversible handles. But with the full recline and leg-extenders, even a newborn would be comfortable. The leg-extenders come out for babies so their little feet do not hang, and they go down for toddlers with longer legs so their feet can rest on the foot rest. I forgot about this feature since the leg-extenders on my Pliko have always been up. Also, there is a little window in the hood so you can peak in and see the baby while you are pushing the stroller.

Another consideration (and maybe the difference of opinion between me and nywifey) is your lifestyle. I am a suburban mom, and I was beat down by lifting a heavy (over 20 lbs), awkwardly folding, traditional travel system stroller in and out of the trunk. When I decided to go for a second stroller, I wanted lightweight and compact. In the beginning, I was determined not to buy a second stroller. I was so beat down that I ended up buying the second one anyway.

If you are in the city, a carriage-type stroller like the Venezia might be easier for you to handle.

I hope that helps.

nywifey
06-27-2001, 10:03 AM
I'm sorry GeeBee, I never knew about the foot bar on the Pliko. Your right, that would accommodate a newborn. I guess I've never seen or noticed it in use before. And your also right about lifestyle - that is so important! Even thought I live in NYC, none of our family does. We spend most of our time on Long Island. So I can relate to lugging the stroller in and out of the trunk! It all comes down to what your looking for in a stroller at what stage your child is and what your budget is. Some people would rather have a sturdy stroller than a lightweight. Others don't care as long as they have a cup holder. As long as mommie and baby like what they are strolling in, that's all that matters.

mom@home
06-27-2001, 11:49 AM
I have the Pliko Sherpa Bubble for my 4 month-old and she has used it since she was born. She seems to be very comfortable in it as it is well-padded and does have the leg extension. I have last year's model so technically my carseat doesn't snap in. However, my Graco Snugride does fit securely in the stroller and my baby loves her carseat. She never seems to be bored sitting in it and if you get a Pliko with the attachment bar, your baby would be facing you, thus eliminating the need for a reversible handle. Also, I think the size of the stroller is very important. Venezias are nice but they are somewhat large. I had a large stroller for my older daughter and I hardly ever used it because of how inconvenient it was to lug around. This is why I just got the Pliko for my new baby because I wanted to just use one stroller from birth on up. It really is a fantastic stroller!

kicksmom
06-29-2001, 10:31 PM
LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-01 AT 09:32PM (Mountain)[p]nywifey, if you don't want to get yet another stroller--the Kolcraft--just to lug the car seat around, get the attachment bar for the Venezia. You just snap it on and presto, your Venezia becomes a travel system. This is what I use and I love it. I just snap my Century SmartFit Plus 22 on it and we're good to go. The attachment bar was $16 at babycatalog.com. Much cheaper than $60 for the Snap-N-Go which was what I was going to do before I found out about the bar. Thank God I didn't. Much cheaper and easier, and now I feel like I'm really getting my use out of the Venezia--which I should for the price. :> And the Venezia is actually pretty light and easy to whip in and out of the car.