PDA

View Full Version : L vs. XL baby bjorn

kellieburke
06-26-2001, 03:48 PM
HI folks,

i am in the process of trying to decide on which size baby bjorn to purchase. i am 5'9 size medium and my husband is 6'1 xl. i am wondering if the XL baby bjorn has straps that are adjustable so that we can both "profit" from the product. any ideas?

Geebee
06-27-2001, 09:15 AM
LAST EDITED ON Jun-27-01 AT 08:16AM (Mountain)[p]I found this at www.babybjorn.com website in the FAQ section.

"Parents who wear a size extra-large should use the extra-large straps. The BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier with extra-large straps won't fit parents who wear a size small comfortably. Parents who wear a size medium or large can also use the BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier with extra-large straps, but we recommend it only for parents who wear extra large or larger."

Basically, if you wear a small t-shirt, then you can't use the XL Baby Bjorn. And if you wear large or extra large, then you need the XL Baby Bjorn. I am between a medium and large, and I use the XL Baby Bjorn. It works fine for me. The straps are adjustable and easy to adjust with the baby in the carrier.

I bought the XL Baby Bjorn because I was heavier when I bought it, and I thought that my husband (who wears an extra large) would use it. My husband has never used the Baby Bjorn - something to think about.

That's probably way more info than you wanted. I hope that it was helpful.

mef
07-11-2001, 05:32 AM
We were given a Baby Bjorn, but had to buy XL straps for me (husband, 5'9" and chunky.). My wife, who is 5'6" and size medium, can comfortably wear the XL straps by tightening them.

mojo
07-16-2001, 09:01 PM
We're a tall couple--5'11" and 6'5"--but we're also pretty skinny. I'm the husband, and I'm only a medium around. We tried both the regular and the Extra Long versions of the Baby Bjorn, and found the Extra Long to fir MUCH better. On the other hand, the person who sold it to us was 5'1" and fairly plump. She also used the XL version, so it seems to accommodate both length and girth quite well.

kellieburke
07-16-2001, 10:18 PM
thanks mojo. i think we are going to go with the xl!