PDA

View Full Version : strollers

SuzanneElise
07-01-2001, 06:23 PM
I like the Venezio by Peg Perego. I was wondering if it is better to buy the next size up, the Milano? Will the Milano last longer for the child. Will I have to buy a different stroller as the child gets older? I'm not sure which one to invest in. Is the Venezio good for walking outdoors? Do I need a stroller with the metal large wheels,like the old style carriages?
Suzanne

mom@home
07-02-2001, 09:18 AM
Both the Venezia and the Milano are designed to work for the same size and same age child. If I were you, I would go for The Venezia as it is lighter weight and easier to lug around than the Milano. Eventually, you may want to invest in a light-weight stroller like a Maclaren or Combi for quick trips. As far as walking around your neighborhood goes, as long as the sidewalks are paved, the Venezia should be perfectly fine. If you are walking on a lot of uneven or unpaved terrain, investing in something like a jogging stroller would probably be a good idea. Good luck!

kelli
07-07-2001, 10:54 PM
I'm investigating strollers and car seats now, so could you explain if I need both something heavy like the Venezia and a lighter weight stroller like the Combi 6100 or Ultra Savvy? I like Combi's perfect match system, but is a 15-pound stroller all I'm going to need? I was told today at Babies R Us by a manager that I could buy an attachment bar for the Venezia, but my infant seat (probably going to be a Century)won't "lock in" to the stroller. Is that important?

Geebee
07-09-2001, 09:24 AM
LAST EDITED ON Jul-09-01 AT 08:40AM (Mountain)[p]You don't really need both a heavy and lightweight stroller. If you have all of the features that you need in one stroller, then that should be all you need. With the Combis that you mentioned, if they have the Perfect Match and fully reclining seats (for infants), then you don't necessarily need a carriage stroller.

If you start with something heavier like the Venezia, you don't necessarily need a lightweight stroller unless lightweight becomes a feature that you want after the child is older.

It comes down to what is important to you, which will influence how much money you want to spend (1 stroller vs 2 strollers).

I started with a heavy, bulky travel system stroller, and bought a lighter weight Pliko when my child was 12 months. After lugging a heavy, bulky stroller around for 12 months, lightweight and compact folding became a feature that I really valued.

I had my child before Peg Perego and Combi made strollers that could adapt to carseats. If I were purchasing today, I would get a lightweight stroller (like the Combi or Pliko) that could accommodate infants and their carseats.

My goal was always to get the most "bang for my buck". If one stroller had all the features that were most important to me, that's what I preferred. (Hec, before I had a baby, I didn't even know what stroller features were the most important to me.)