PDA

View Full Version : When Can I Start Using the Baby Jogger II?

eroman
07-01-2001, 07:30 PM
I bought the Baby Jogger II for my infant who is 12 weeks old. I was planning on using the neck boppy so he would have head support. However, the seat only has one position and I'm worried that it isn't safe for him until he can sit up.

Any thoughts - I really want to start jogging but don't want to harm my son!!??

kbuckard
07-05-2001, 03:07 PM
i'm still expecting our first, so have no first hand experience with the baby jogger. but all of my friends (i'm a big runner) said that you should wait until the baby is at least 5 months before you use the baby jogger. some even say a year, but i do know people who were using it at 5 or 6 months.

sendust
07-05-2001, 04:22 PM
My bambino was 5 months old when we started to use our baby jogger. We put a little blanket underneath her to raise her up a bit (and she is large for her age). We don't jog with it. We just walk...I would agree though that if you plan to jog I'd wait until the baby was a little older (some say a year although it depends on the size of your baby). If she was smaller the straps would have cut into her neck.

TDK
07-17-2001, 12:41 PM
Baby Jogger says 6-8 weeks. Spoke with our pediatrician about this issue this week. She said 8 weeks. I plan to go with 8 weeks, with a boppy (my stoller also has the spring upgrade).

I also spoke with a dealer at Agees bikes (where I eventually purchased the Jogger). I specifically asked about the one position vs. recline feature, as KoolStride has the ability to recline. One would think that this would allow the stroller to be used sooner, but KoolStride recommends that the child be six months old. When I asked why BabyJogger does not have a recline feature, he said that BabyJogger believes that reclining the seat throws off the balance of the stroller, increasing the chance of tipping.