PDA

View Full Version : Peg Perego Pliko models: Travel friendly?

aunt83me02
07-03-2001, 01:25 PM
My sister wants to just buy one stroller. They fly internationally, I was wondering how travel friendly the Pliko models are. I've heard good things about Combi's. Also, how big is the basket on the Pliko? Any help would be appreciated.

alisonkay
07-03-2001, 02:23 PM
Yes! Our stroller has been on many airplanes (including overseas). When you're in Europe, you'll see Plikos all over the place...the umbrella stroller type is very popular. My only complaint is that the locking mechanism on my Pliko isn't working super well anymore - I think a part is bent. If I was going to check it on a plane I'd definitely wrap a strap around it to hold it closed.

Anyway, the Pliko is heavier than the Combi Savvy (the other stroller we considered) but we liked its extra sturdiness AND it's much more comfortable for my husband and I to push (we're both on the tall side).

ggidden
07-05-2001, 04:08 PM
We have both the Combi Travel and the Peg Pliko. The Peg Perego is our first choice for travel - and we have taken 4 airline trips in the last 14 months.

The Peg is more compact and durable and our daughter loves it.

soontobee
07-05-2001, 10:15 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if you have to check-in your Pliko when you fly? Or do you carry it on the plane?

Thanks!