PDA

View Full Version : Debating between the Combi Ultra Savvy and the 6610

Jenfed
07-03-2001, 07:28 PM
I can't decide what to do...there is a huge price difference between the two and I was hoping to hear from people who use either of these strollers. I live in a city and don't do too much driving, and we have a big car, so I am not too worried about the space the 6610 takes up. I do like how light and easy the US is to fold up, but I wonder if it is worth the extra $150.

Any thoughts?

TaraNY
07-03-2001, 07:40 PM
I was debating the exact same strollers. I started out really liking the 6610 until I tried to fold it. It is very cumbersome and I pinched my fingers badly several times trying to fold it.

The US is worlds easier to fold. It's a one-hand operation basically. If you go to www.combistrollerstore.com and check out the US, it has an animation of how it folds.

There are downsides - the basket IS smaller. However, I thought the padding was a bit more extensive and I liked the light weight. It's about 10 pounds and very easy to handle.

Now, take all this with a grain of salt because all I've done is shop and then buy the US. I haven't actually "road-tested" it.

Jenfed
07-03-2001, 07:43 PM
I found the same things! I didn't love the way the 6610 folded, but I liked that it has a much bigger basket and the little snack tray for the baby. I've tried folding both and the US is definitely easier...I just have to figure out if it's worth the extra money.

Thanks for your message.

Jen

rosebud142
07-03-2001, 09:58 PM
I have the Ultra Savvy and love it despite the smaller basket. I just hang my bag over the handle which works great. I also undid the back snap of the basket on both sides and folded it over so that it creates a diagonal side opening to hold other items (email me if this isn't clear).

It's really a very personal choice though depending on how you will use the stroller. If you shop alot and expect to have lots of packages frequently, go with the bigger basket. Otherwise, go with the Ultra--I think it's worth the extra $150 if you will be using it for the next 2 1/2 - 3 yrs. Once you have the baby to carry around, you'll realize the importance of weight/size/ease of fold. And you learn to scale down the things you lug around!

Hope that helps.

marcia
07-05-2001, 11:53 AM
I'm thinking about the same question. I just looked at Combi's website (www.combi-intl.com) which has a chart comparing the Convenience 6600 Series and the Ultra Savvy. (Click on strollers and the link to the chart is about half way down on the left side.) If I understand the chart correctly, another significant difference appears to be that the 6610 has an adjustable handle, so that you and your husband and any other adult pushing the stroller can set it to a comfortable height.

pearsoka
07-08-2001, 09:40 PM
I have both the US & the 6610. I keep the US in the car & use the 6610 around the neighborhood. The ease of folding of the US is significant compared to the 6610.