PDA

View Full Version : What's with the Century recall??

SylviaC
07-06-2001, 12:17 PM
I found this notice while shopping on ComfortLiving's website:

"Important Recall Information:
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Century Products Co., of Macedonia, Ohio, is voluntarily recalling about 650,000 "Take 2," "Travel Solutions," "Pioneer," "Travelite," and "Pro Sport" 4-in-1 strollers. The strollers can unexpectedly collapse or the car seat/carrier adapter can unexpectedly detach. When this happens, an infant or young child inside the stroller or an attached car seat/carrier can fall to the ground and suffer serious injuries. Model Name: Years Made:
Take 2 2000
Travel Solutions 1999-2000
Pioneer 1998-2000
TraveLite 1997-1998
Pro Sport 1996-1999

Consumers should stop using these strollers and call Century toll-free at (800) 766-9998 anytime to order a free repair kit. Consumers should have their strollers available, as Century will help consumers determine if they have one of the recalled models. Consumers also can log on to the company's website at www.centuryproducts.com"

I would hope this doesn't affect new models. My husband and I are considering the new travel system with the Smart Fit Plus, but this seems like quite a serious defect. Alan & Denise - any word on this? Is it really safe buying the new models?
Thanks,
Sylvia

alandenisefields
07-09-2001, 11:20 AM
Sylvia,

Thanks for using our message board.

You can find our take on the recalls from Century on our web site at www.babybargainsbook.com/babybargains/recalls.htm.

Hope that helps,

alan and denise fields
authors, BABY BARGAINS