PDA

View Full Version : Feed back on Baby Bjorn Hard Case Diaper Bag

rosebud142
07-07-2001, 01:29 AM
Has anyone used the Baby Bjorn diaper bag with the hard case? It looks very stylish and has lots of neat compartments but it sells for about $99.00! For that amount of money, I'd like to hear some feedback if anyone has used it. Also, has anyone seen this for a cheaper price and/or where are the current coupon specials?

Thanks!

audrey
08-25-2001, 02:18 AM
Hi!~
I noticed that you posted this question in July. I currently have the same exact question, and was wondering if you had bought that baby bag, and if so, how do YOU like it ?!?!

rosebud142
08-26-2001, 02:37 AM
Hi,

I did buy the bag and ended up returning it shortly after. It did look beautiful and fit a bunch of things but you really have to take the time to fit everything into the little compartments. As a mom, you know that most of the time, you just stuff everything in the bag. The bigger problem was that you can't get anything out of the bag unless you open up the zippers completely using both hands. I had really high hopes for this bag but I was disappointed with it's lack of functionality. Hope that helps.

farrah3
08-27-2001, 10:53 AM
Hi,
I just bought the bag last week and love it! I was skeptical at first, but decided to try it out. I bought mine from babycatalog.com for just over $91, including shipping. You have to be a member of their baby club to get this price, if you aren't it wll be about $10 more. If you order from their website, there is no handling fee for orders over $25--just shipping @ 60 cents a pound. The bag weighs 3 pounds.

The bag has a hard cover, so it keeps things from getting squashed. I can safely put snacks, drinks and my camera in the same bag and not worry about them getting ruined or spilled. It will easily fit 4 bottles/sippy cups and tons of stuff. I have two children, 2 months and 20 months, so I have to carry lots of stuff. This bag is great and it appears to be made of high quality material that looks like it will hold up for a long time.

The only problem that I have noticed is that it will not fit into my stroller basket (it is a small basket), so I have to hang the bag from the handle, since I cannot squash it into the basket. The bag does get heavy after a while.

The strap is adjustable to many positions, it has lots of compartments, a large changing pad, a bottle holder, and it doesn't look like a diaper bag. My husband doesn't like it because it looks like a purse. You can visit the babybjorn.com website and view their video demo on the bag if you like.

Overall, I am very pleased with the bag. You may also want to look at the Lands End diaper bags if you decide that this is not the one for you. They are cheaper, and also of nice quality. I have their Little Tripper, and it was wonderful for one child, and also have their Do-It-All diaper bag. I do not like the do-it-all for my regular diaper bag since I always find myself searching for things in the bottom of the bag, you will not have this problem with the Baby Bjorn bag! The land's end bags are not as stylish, and look more like a diaper bag or carry on luggage, but the do-it-all is great for weekend trips.
Best of luck!