PDA

View Full Version : Where can tall parents find "tall" strollers?

JaniceAug2001
07-07-2001, 09:57 AM
My husband and I are both tall and the strollers we have tried aren't high enough for us. Any suggestions??

JSOTO
07-07-2001, 03:03 PM
>My husband and I are both
>tall and the strollers we
>have tried aren't high enough
>for us. Any suggestions??
>

HOW ARE YOU? HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEW KIDCO STROLLERS?. THEY ARE FAIRLY NEW TO THE STROLLER BUSINESS, BUT THE STROLLERS ARE GREAT. THEY HAVE ONE MODEL CALLED THE FINALLY THAT HAS TELESCOPIC HANDLES THAT RANGE FROM 41" TO 44". KIDCO IS A GREAT COMPANY WITH A GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. WELL GOOD LUCK ON YOUR VENTURE.

RESPECTFULLY-JAY

mom@home
07-07-2001, 04:28 PM
Maclaren strollers seem to work well for tall parents. We have the Maclaren Mistral and my husband, who is 6 feet tall, has no trouble pushing it - he never ends up kicking the back wheels like on other strollers we've tried. Good luck!

cattailgal
07-08-2001, 10:15 AM
I'm searching for a lightweight double stroller for tall parents. The Baby Trend strollers seem to have taller handles - I just dont' know how they compare with other brands. I bot a Graco Lightrider "Breeze" with a tall handle (single stroller). It's one hand fold - which is nice.

K. Camus

rebwal
07-09-2001, 09:20 AM
I know Century has a 4-in-1 stroller that has a telescopic handle to adjust for the varying heights of parents. Maybe there are other models out there with the same features.

AmberLea
07-15-2001, 03:05 PM
You can by Adjustable Extending Handle Bars that fits most umbrella strollers. That way you can get the stroller you want and both you and your husband can adjust the height for when you take turns pushing. Check this out~
http://www.comfortliving.com/stroll_acces.htm

mojo
07-16-2001, 08:48 PM
We are a tall couple--5'11" and 6'5". We just bought the Bertini steerable stroller with the inflatable bicycle wheel option. Expensive, yes, but by far the best in terms of height and room for long strides.

Megieblue
07-23-2001, 10:30 PM
Maclaren strollers are the only strollers my husband could walk with. He hated every other one (I had to return 6 strollers!!!). He said his back hurt or he kicked. He loves our Maclaren Mistral (so do I!!!).

karoby
07-26-2001, 01:31 PM
Kidco strollers are great for tall parents. My wife is 5'11" and I am 6'2", and the Kidco strollers were the only ones (including the McLarens) that I did not kick. We have the Kidco Finale with handles that extend (list $219, $197 including shipping online).

Pluses:
--Telescoping handles.
--It also accepts our Graco Snugride infant (at least as secure as the Snap-and-Go LX).
--Handles well, with front wheels that lock for outside and swivel for indoor. Shocks on all wheels.

Minuses:
--The basket below is small, and difficult to access like the McLarens. A backpack over the handles works well, close-in to the frame and above where our feet would kick it.