PDA

View Full Version : double stroller

wcwoodrow
06-19-2002, 10:27 AM
I have a soon to be 4 year old (who doesn't like to walk)and a newborn. Can anyone recommend a high quality double stroller?

strollerqueen
06-20-2002, 02:39 AM
I have a 4-year-old and a 14-month-old, and my favorite double is the Mountain Buggy. I have the Terrain, with a fixed wheel. But they have just come out with a swivel-wheel version, if you prefer that. You can see it at: www.mountainbuggyusa.com. You can also do a search on this board for more info, I've written about it a lot!:7 :D

strollerqueen
06-20-2002, 04:21 AM
BTW, I am assuming your 4-year-old is of average size, as my DD is. One of the reasons I suggested the MB to you, is that most double strollers are too small for a 4-year-old, or too hard to push.

The only lightweight one I know of that would be big enough, AND appropriate for a newborn, is the Peg Micro Twin. But they no longer make it, you'd have to hunt for a used one.

There are other jogging strollers that might work for you, if you will be outdoors most of the time. But many don't have a full recline, are too wide to fir through doorways, or are too hard to fold.