View Full Version : for jogging

Peanut
06-19-2002, 01:01 PM
MB Terrain (?) or Baby Jogger ?

Thank you

Anna

hipmaman
06-19-2002, 08:48 PM
Lots of jogging, little jogging, want big wheels or will smaller wheels (12" ) do, any other preferences (like basket, canopy, reclining seat, etc.), easy to fold, compact, etc.? You might want to give more info as to what you are looking in a jogging stroller, besides a good jogging stroller (because, they are both very good quality joggers, but with different features).

Peanut
06-20-2002, 01:27 AM
Tam, sorry for being so vague and thank you for replying...

i've also read your reply to another posting regarding the MB.
i want a jogging stroller that i can take for power walks and light jogging. has reclining seats (MB & baby jogger 3 does recline ).
easy to transport to different places. (MB does )

i just got off the phone with my sister who lives in Auckland, New Zealand.
i had called her last week and she told me to get the baby jogger. smoother ride.
but i really had my heart set on the mountain buggy cause it is easier to fold and take to places.
anyway i just spoke to her again and she said to get the baby jogger.

heart says MB. brain says baby jogger.
don't know what to do...

thank you again for sharing your knowledge with us.

Anna

strollerqueen
06-20-2002, 02:50 AM
Anna, I've compared the two extensively, and I wound up buying the MB for several reasons. 1. THe full recline. 2. The rear brake. I know many people who've had Baby Joggers "run away" from them, while parked. The handbrake doesn't hold it very well. 3. Much easier to fold. 4. The double is much narrower. I kept running off the sidewalk when I pushed my neighbors. 5. Overall design and quality.

Feel free to post back if you have any more Q's. I'll try to help. I would say to get the TErrain, rather than the Urban, if you plan to run.:) :7 :D

Peanut
06-20-2002, 08:25 AM
strollerqueen...thank you...i'm so full of smiles...

i will get the mountain buggy.

one more question ? when power walking... do the wheels have to be fixed mode...

if they have to be fixed...i will get the terrain.
but if it is possible to power walk with the wheels in the swivel mode...i'll get the urban.
it's just that i'm afraid that i'll regret not having the option to swivel or not.

thank you.

Anna

hipmaman
06-20-2002, 12:36 PM
Hi Anna,

I don't recall you say if you are looking at the single or the double. But if you are talking BJ3, I am assuming that you talk about single. If single, the width of the MB vs. BJ is not an issue as the double would be.

Okay, I am going to be totally wicked here... ;):)

I agree with your sister about the BJ giving smoother ride. Because it has bigger wheels. The bigger wheels give smoother rides and cover more ground with one cycle than a smaller ground would. Depending on the wheel size you would buy if you were to choose the BJ. BJ is available with 16", 20" and new 24" for the hard-core runner :) Not me!

The BJ3 reclines about 3 to 4" back, not as flat as the MB (the MB recline is the flattest on a jogger that I have seen). And by zippers (not like buckle and strap as the MB). So, it's a 2 position recline deal on the BJ 3.

BJ 3 has shock-absorbing system, 22 lbs, larger basket. And the canopy is the kind that you can adjust to any angle. When not in use, instead of retracted as most do, the BJ3 shade actually can be retracted so the canopy part is behind the stroller and under the handle (hard to explain, but you can see it on BJ website). The mesh sides are UV protect.

And again, with a single, the portability of joggers are not that big of an issue as double would be. The BJ folds flat, wheels are bike-style quick release, if you want to take the wheels off. It's 22 lbs. To see how it folds, go to BJ website and click on the BJ2. There is an animation of a woman folding a BJ2. BJ3 folds the same way.

As for the MB, if you want to run with it, you should have the front wheel lock. It's dangereous to run with swivel wheel. So, I suggest the Terrain. The Terrain does well indoor too. Most who don't like fixed wheels or don't run with joggers tend to buy the Urban.

All in all, the BJ3 looks awefully tempting though. Except, as Janet said, it doesn't have footbrake. If there was no BJ3, I would undoubtedly said get the MB.

So, now that I might foul up your plans. The decision is up to you ;) Good luck and sorry if I messed you up, but I thought to wedge my 2 cents in :)