PDA

View Full Version : MacLaren Opus Duo - Assembly HELP!!

ChelleR
06-20-2002, 06:38 PM
This is my first time posting although I read the boards all the time. My son is 16 1/2 months old and we are expecting a girl mid-August. After reading the boards and all the great advice, I decided to order the Opus Duo. :D

Usually I leave the assembly of things to my husband...but he's been so busy I attempted to do it myself. I think it's all together correctly, but is it just me...or are the shopping baskets underneath virtually useless? Maybe I put them on incorrectly or something but I just don't see how they can hold a darn thing. x(

If there is anyone who owns this stroller that would be willing to send or post me a picture or two of what the baskets are supposed to look like, I would really, really appreciate it! I am bad with sketches and written instructions...but I'm hoping I can copy an actual picture.

Thanks so much for your help!

Best wishes,
Michelle

[email protected]

hipmaman
06-20-2002, 09:52 PM
Here are some sketches and instructions. http://www.maclarenstrollers.com/pages/opusduoinstructions.html

They do hold things, but not as much as some strollers like the Graco and not as little as the Peg Tendertwin. They are however, not accessible when the seats are totally reclined. So, you learn to put things you don't need all the times in the basket under the baby and things you need most often in the one under the toddler. The umbrella handles hold quite a few bags and it compensates for the lack of room in the baskets.

Hope that helps.

ChelleR
06-25-2002, 06:19 PM
Thanks Tam!

I appreciate the link. Unfortunately it's a sketch as well and it's still hard for me to tell exactly how the baskets are supposed to look. I was hoping to find an actual photograph or two...

Best wishes,
Michelle