PDA

View Full Version : Mac Techno and Universal arrived yesterday!

luvtoshop
06-22-2002, 11:44 AM
I was thrilled to have the UPS man arrive with my Babycenter deals yesterday. These are the first BIG items in the house for baby due Oct. 1.

I love both items! Techno in silver/black & black Universal. I had no problem figuring out the Techno w/o the instructions (too excited to read and follow). Luckily, dh inspected both items carefully and found that when we opened and closed the Mac the left strap didn't seem to stay fastened. The right strap was fine. I called BC and informed them of this fault and they are sending me a new Techno and will have UPS pick up this one next week.

(I did find the tag that said that the Techno was made in England.)

Now, I have to decide on an infant carrier to fit my Universal. Any suggestions? My only requirement is that it have the Latch system (not kit) for the infant carrier since we have 2002 cars. I don't mind if they're $$$.

Also, I can't help but wonder if I'll need/want a plush stroller for the baby for walks? or will the Universal work well for those needs?

Thanks for all the advice!

Momof3Labs
06-23-2002, 07:23 AM
The people on the car seat board can help you with the LATCH question. I don't know if there are any infant seats available right now with LATCH, but there MAY be by the time your baby comes. The experts on the car seat board say that there isn't a difference safety-wise between the LATCH retrofit kits and the integrated LATCH, but the integrated may be easier to use. You could just wait on the infant seat, and if you end up having the baby before you can get a new LATCH infant seat, DH can just run out and buy a different one.

Lori
due 10/12 w/ #1

eekwan
06-23-2002, 02:21 PM
Sounds like you went the way we were looking to go...start out with the universal and then go to something like the Mac Techno. We registered for the blue universal, but I felt like the black universal was lighter for some reason. Do you know if there is any difference between the black universal and the blue?

Do you plan to go straight from the universal to the Techno? If so, that may be the way we end up going as well!

Thanks!

luvtoshop
06-30-2002, 03:54 PM
Actually, I'll use the Universal for the baby until it outgrows the infant car seat and plan to use the Techno for travel and/or quick trips in and out of places. Have been considering a plush stroller for the long walks....I may wait and see what my needs are when baby arrives in October.

Good luck!

kassaal
07-01-2002, 06:27 PM
My Techno from babycenter.com was made in China. Are you sure yours is made in England? Does it have a padded seat? Apparently, this is the tell tale sign that it is made in China. Also, the sticker states that the stroller is imported by Maclaren. Babycenter had told me that their 2001 Techno strollers were made in England. Should I keep this or return it?

luvtoshop
07-01-2002, 10:15 PM
Now I'm not sure if this Techno is made in England or China?! I was just at a shop looking at the Global and the sticker stated (England) and we all know they are made in China. Can someone please let me know how I can truly tell if my stroller is made in China or England? Baby Center told me England, but they could be wrong....

alijp5
07-02-2002, 01:36 PM
There is no STICKER for the Made in England ones. The Made in England ones are STAMPED into the metal. It will be imprinted into the metal "cross bars." I had a Made in China Mac from BabyCenter and a Made in Enland Vogue.

What is the Manufacture date. If it is later half of 2001 then I would bet it's made in China. Is the seat hand-stiched, almost fluffy? If so, it's china made.

The stickers for the Made in China ones say something like Designed and Imported by Maclaren.....then they give the UK address. There is no mention of China...it's the "designed and imported by" that signals it's China made.

The Made in England embossed INTO the metal is the tell-tale sign. After seeing both, you'd notice it right away.

Oh and baby center said mine was also made in england but Maclaren ran the batch # and confirmed that it was Made in China.

HTH