PDA

View Full Version : What are the overall opinions on the Kidco Bebecar Raider A/T Plus?

rachelfran
06-22-2002, 09:00 PM
I'm trying to find a good stroller on sidewalks.. my combi savvy z is driving me crazy - it totally stinks on uneven sidewalks - a jogger or MB would be awesome but I don't really have the room in my house for one of those and don't like the posts about the MB's seat position - the fact that it is so deep - my son likes to sit up in the stroller and hold on to the bar so I don't know how happy he'd be to have to lie back all the time....

I thought that this kidco looked interesting.. any opinions on it or something else that would work for me?

TIA

zane
06-22-2002, 10:20 PM
I test drove this one and thought it was great. I still want it. Is this the one that also has a reversable seat? The one at my USABABY store didn't but at dmart online they did, as i recall.
By the way, my 9 mth old loves to sit forward in her regular strollers, but still is very content in the MB dbl urban. Doesn't seem to mind not being forward in it. She did mind in the Mac i have, and she loves her combi US.
zane

rachelfran
06-22-2002, 10:25 PM
i know you had recommended the combi us to me before - right? now I want something with bigger wheels for my bumpy sidewalks.. it drives me crazy that I have to lift the stroller for every tiny bump! There are a few different models - the one I was looking at didn't have the reversible seat but they do have one that does - there's also an older model very inexpensively priced but it doesn't have swivel wheels... I don't think I could get used to that. Thanks for your reply.

zane
06-22-2002, 10:46 PM
I saw the one without swivel wheels for a GREAT price- but couldn't do it, it would drive me crazy. I agree about the Combi US and sidewalk cracks. I used it once for a neighborhood walk, and got stuck just going a short distance over my grass from the path to the driveway- not doing that again.
I don't know much to tell about the Raider- it seemed great but the Bertini Shuttle was a bit "cooler looking" in real life, i was torn between the 2, decided the one with reversable seat was the way to go, then got "dressed down" by my DH about too many strollers and gave up. If i could get a great deal and tell him i won it in a contest, maybe i could get one. I thought it was wonderful, but since i got the MB Urban, i wasn't sure how much i would use it. Refresh my memory, what are your kids ages and what strollers do you have. Don't you have an Emma and Toddler seat already? Doesn't that work for you?
zane

rachelfran
06-22-2002, 10:53 PM
i'm not sure but i think the shuttle is considerably heavier.. i've seen that one irl and it's beautiful... i haven't seen the raider though...

no - you must have me confused with someone else -- I have a 10 yr old and an almost 1 yr old... I only have an older model combi savvy z that I use everyday... I live in a small apartment so not much room for stroller storage.

zane
06-22-2002, 11:07 PM
That's right, i was confusing you with Britchick- isn't her name Rachel? Anyway, I am almost sure that the Raider is the same weight as the Shuttle, i folded and unfolded them both many times ( they are similar, one is a bit longer and narrower, one shorter and boxier, but i can't recall which one was which) The raider was a lot more money than the shuttle too, wasn't it?
The 2 were extremely comparable, as i recall. I will look at website to refresh my memory.
zane

rachelfran
06-22-2002, 11:18 PM
yes, i think her name is also rachel...

there are several models on their website -

Raider A/T Plus Model BC330
Weight: 19 lbs Folds to: 19 x 40 x 21

Raider A/T Urban Model BC340

Style A/T Deluxe Model BC430
Weight: 31 lbs Folds to: 23 x 40 x 23

Tracker Urban Model BC500

Maybe you saw the third one...
they all look beautiful -

Rachel

starfish1995
06-24-2002, 01:45 PM
Rachel,

Kidco told me that the Kidco Bebecar A/T Urban (model BC340) and the Kidco Bebecar Tracker Urban (model BC500) never made it to the USA. Funny because they are listed on several US websites, but maybe they are unavailable. Too bad, beacuse the Tracker Urban sounds like a dream with 12" swivel wheels, seat can face either way, 4 reclines, and a height adjustable handle and only 19 pounds!! It is available in Europe however. I think the BC330 is available in the US and it does have swivel wheels and is only 19 pounds. Just no reversible seat and no height adjustable handles. I am not really sure of the differences between the BC330 and the BC340, are you? Beth

rachelfran
06-24-2002, 01:47 PM
no
i don't know the differences in the strollers at all - you told me more than I knew -
reversible seat and extending handles are not important to me though
i'm going to a store today that I hope has one of these in stock to see... it's listed as one of their b&m dealers so I'm hopeful.