PDA

View Full Version : Zooper Z street stroller?

JenM
06-24-2002, 12:35 PM
My husband and I just checked out strollers, and found the combi to be really flimsy (maybe it's supposed to be that way because it's so light?) and the zooper to be really nicely made and very sturdy. The Z street model is 17 lbs., takes an infant seat, and folds up nicely.
Does anyone have experience with this stroller to let me know if it is a good choice for an all around stroller (walks, malls, etc.) and is 17 lbs too heavy?
thanks!

dueinapril
06-26-2002, 09:10 AM
Hi, I hate to tell you this, but my friend just had a zooper stroller and had to return it. She absolutely loved the stroller for so many reasons...and something on it broke. When she took it back to The Baby Room in Chicago, the president of the store told her that they we having so many problems with this stroller. He actually gave her a more expensive Peg Perego stroller without charging her the difference b/c he didn't want her to take another zooper. He told her it would continue to break and she would be back returning it in no time. My friend was upset b/c she took forever to research the right stroller and loved the zooper but got the real story from the president of the store. Hope this helps!
Jennifer

JenM
06-28-2002, 05:28 PM
Wow! Thanks for the information! JenM

22tango
06-29-2002, 07:48 PM
I'm curious...what kept breaking??

We just got a zStreet and absolutely *LOVE* it! I've been looking at Zooper reviews here and on ParentsPlace for several months now and know one person who's had one for about 6 months, and have never heard of things breaking. Only one person who had a frame that seemed to be warped from the start (which mine isn't) and comments about the fabric on the old 2001 Breeze models pilling after a while.

JenM
06-30-2002, 09:52 PM
I still really like this stroller, so I'm glad to hear you love it! Can you tell me does it have enough basket space for stuff underneath, and does the 17lbs get to you after a while, or is it a nice all around stroller for walks around the block as well as the mall? Any other details you could provide would be great. Thanks! Jen M

22tango
07-01-2002, 02:08 PM
We just got it this weekend, so I don't have any long term info for you...just first impressions.

Let me just say that this is our only stroller, I haven't tried any lighter ones, so I can't tell yet whether the 17lbs would get to me after a while -- though it seems fine. Most of the Zoooper reviews I've read have the heavier Sport or Buddy versions. I didn't want a heavy stroller...but felt that the lighter Combi and MacClaren's didn't seem to be as "plush", didn't include as many accessories, and didn't seem made to be outside as well as indoors compatible. (I'm much more of an uneven-sidewalk walker than a mall crawler, but a jogger would have been overkill for us.) I think the highly-rated Peg Peregos are around the same weight and plushness, but they don't steer as well one-handed and again, seem more mall-crawler oriented. So that's why I chose my Zooper.

The mesh basket seems big enough for most things (though it is inaccessible when fully reclined.) I was happy that I could fit my FP SIV in it with the infant attachment bar (which I wasn't sure would work since I haven't seen anyone say that this stroller would work with it)!!

Here's a pretty balanced review of the ZStreet (from the woman who has the bent chassis): http://boards2.parentsplace.com/messages/get/ppstrollers100/26/2.html

I plan to use my SIV so her comment on the back support is a not an issue for us. The height is similar to most other strollers 40", and I'm only 5'5" and don't have any problem with the height (though we may get an extender for my taller DH.)

All-in-all, I think it's a pretty good bang-for-the-buck stroller that does most of the things I want: lighter weight, good on outdoor pavement (shocks), washable seat, moderately priced, 5 position recline and will hold my SIV, pushes with one hand, good-sized basket, one-hand/one-foot umbrella folds, front wheels can swivel or lock, attractive (I got the RED!), and lots of accessories included.

I must admit to being very tempted by the Inglesina Planet (great looks & good quality) but was turned off by the fact that it doesn't push well one-handed. And the Mountain Buggy sounds super...but I just couldn't rationalize the $$ (especially once the sun/rain/snow/padding accessories are added to the mix.) Maybe when we have a second child, I'll seriously consider the MB double since it seems to be the best (and narrowest) double out there.