PDA

View Full Version : Is this the stroller that can do it all?

starfish1995
06-24-2002, 08:22 PM
I think I've found (on paper at least) a stroller that has everything. Well, almost everything. It is by Kidco Bebecar and it is a relatively new stroller called the Tracker Urban Model BC500. Here are it's features:

All-terrain stroller with 12 inch wheels - the front wheels PIVOT or can be locked Weighs ONLY 19 POUNDS! Suitable from birth to 40 pounds. Has 4 reclines: 130 degress, 145, 155, and completly flat 180 . Seat can face EITHER WAY! Optional boot and pram features too. Height adjustable handle!!! Napper bar (I think removable but am not sure) Made in Portugal (Euoropean made!) Folds to 40 x 21 x 19

It is listed at DMart and indoorsandoutdoors for I think around $350 (yikes). But Kidco told me it didn't make the production date to distribute to the US, though it is currently available in Europe. I need to do some more checking on this as I have gotten conflicting information from Kidco USA before. I also would like to get some measurements to see if it can acomodate a tall preschooler. Has anyone else seen this? Here are two wesites to check it out:

www.kidcoinc.com/stroller/bc500.htm www.bebecar.com/menus/bebecar/bebecar_ing.html

(on the second website, you can click on images 1-20 to see different views of the stroller with all of it's options, very nifty)!

egoldber
06-24-2002, 09:47 PM
Beth, this looks very similar (at least in principle) to the Bertini Shuttle. I have not seen the Kidco Bebecar, but I thought the Bertini was terribly hard to push. I know a lot of people really like the Bertini (and I am, admittedly, not a pram person) but I could barely push it around the store. This was the same store that had the Kiwi. Absolutely NO comparison in the way they two strollers pushed. The Kiwi was far superior. I wouldn't buy it until you can try it or something very similar.

FYI, I really like my Instep Safari for my neighborhood walks.

HTH, (the other Beth)

rachelfran
06-25-2002, 07:08 AM
the raider and urban are only 19 lbs as opposed to 29 for the bertini models... i'm sure that makes a big difference... I am trying to find one of these to try out also -

i did find that strollersforless.com has the original model without swivel wheels for only $150, free shipping... big difference to the others which granted, offer more but are $200 more...

starfish1995
06-25-2002, 10:19 AM
Beth,

Yes, it is very similar to the Bertini Shuttle or the Bertini M5.... BUT, it weighs a good 7.4 pounds LESS than the Shuttle or M5 - a huge plus in my book!!. Boy I'd love to see one of these in person. Nobody even carries Kidco in my area let alone Bebecar (their European cousin).

I have had no luck in locating the InStep Safari TT locally. Boy I live in a stroller wasteland don't I? Everything is Graco here!!Would you mind e-mailing me privately - I have some questions for you about yours. [email protected]

Thanks again, Beth

Thanks again,

Beth

starfish1995
06-25-2002, 10:21 AM
Rachel,

Check out ebay - there are 2 swivel model Bebecar A/T Raider's listed now - you may be able to pick one up for under $200!! I used the search engine and just typed in Bebecar. Only 2 came up - and both are the model you are looking for!

Beth

rachelfran
06-25-2002, 04:46 PM
just so you know -indoors & outdoors is backordered until october on the strollers they list on their site...
i contacted one of the ebay sellers and she's in canada and shipping is $40
i am waiting to hear back from the other but I may bid on his even if he doesn't write back - his auction doesn't say what color he's selling.

KathyO
06-25-2002, 09:43 PM
I checked out the Bebecar line while in a store in Montreal - for what it's worth, they seemed like well-made, sturdy pieces of gear. The steering on the steerable ones was smooth and easy, and the folding action was pretty effortless. I realize this is no substitute for really seeing/messing around with one, but hopefully it helps a bit! Good luck in locating one to try.

Cheers,

KathyO

starfish1995
06-26-2002, 11:27 AM
Beth,

Did you check out dmart? Are they backordered like indorrsandoutdoors as well? Thanks, Beth

eekwan
06-27-2002, 09:00 PM
Hi Kathy,

Did you actually get to try out the New Bebecar Tracker Urban Stroller or was it something similar? I'm curious about the folding action...how many steps and hands did it take?

Thanks for your input!

Ernie

KathyO
06-27-2002, 10:14 PM
It was actually the Raider, as the Tracker was not yet available at that time. However, they appear to be similar in a lot of important ways.

As for the specifics of the folding action, I'm afraid that my brain has failed me. I just remember thinking, "mm, nice and smooth, pretty good." It may have had something to do with the fact that the demo was being done in French, and my synapses were straining to keep up as it was! At the time I had a Graco with one-hand fold/unfold, so the Bebecar must have been as easy or close to it. What I was really focused on was the turning action of the wheels, which frankly I found to be as good or better than the Bertini's four-wheel setup. (This being a personal opinion, of course, but there you go.)

Sorry I can't be more specific than that!

Best,

KathyO

eekwan
06-28-2002, 12:51 AM
Thanks Kathy! The "mm, nice and smooth, pretty good" is probably more helpful to me than telling me it was one or two steps to fold.:P

Have you ever tried the Teutonia Pixxel? I wonder how the bebecar's turning compares to the Teutonia? I hear you can turn the Teutonia with just two fingers...that's NICE!!

Thanks!!

Ernie

KathyO
06-28-2002, 02:57 PM
I don't think ANYBODY steers better than Teutonia. But Bebecar was certainly right up there in the upper end. If you check out their site, they offer diagrams of the turning mechanism, and it's a different system from the standard independent-swivel setup where the wheels get pulled into line as you push the stroller. I really hope you get a chance to try them both out IRL, even if it means a major cross-country trek. (I forget - where do you live?) I thought I was going to love the Zooper, but when I finally actually tried one, really couldn't cotton to it. Ditto the Bertini.

Good luck!

KathyO

eekwan
06-28-2002, 03:17 PM
We live in Northern California and actually will be driving down to Southern Cal. next week for the holiday weekend to visit family. I am going to try and make a side trip to Heritage Baby and check out the Teutonias. However, I have no clue where I can find a Bebecar IRL. Let me know if you know of any stores in California that carry Bebecar.

Thanks!

Ernie

rachelfran
06-28-2002, 08:32 PM
I have had an extensive discussion with the Kidco people and they distribute the bebecar strollers in the U.S. - they said that due to 9/11 and other issues - there were problems getting these strollers into the U.S. - therefore I think it would be quite difficult to find... She thought Canada would have more, though -

zane
06-30-2002, 12:43 AM
Ernie,
I live in San Diego, close to Heritage Baby, and if you really want to see a great selection of strollers while you are here, go to USABABY. They have EVERYTHING, practically. They have the Bebecars ( i looked at them yesterday, not sure exactly which model, but large swivel wheels, nice stroller!!- the fixed wheel Bebecar is 1/2 off right now) They have Bertini Shuttle and M5, Zoopers, Macs, plus alot of others too.
USABABY is located off the same exit as Heritage Baby, off the 5 freeway, but east instead of west for HB.
La Jolla Village Drive turns into Miramar and it is on the left before you hit the 15 freeway.
Good luck!
Th pixxel is gorgeous by the way, I just don't need it for my lifestyle but its great.
zane

eekwan
06-30-2002, 01:16 AM
Thanks Zane! I will definitely check out USABABY.

Ernie

rachelfran
06-30-2002, 09:52 AM
could you tell us more about the bebecar ? i am awaiting delivery of one that i purchased off of ebay...

zane
06-30-2002, 11:48 AM
I would love to tell you more, but i am sure you know more than me. I saw your post and immediately checked out what you got. I prefer the model that can be facing forwards or backwards, but can't remember the price difference in the 2. I really don't recall too much about the one i saw in person, coz i was busy telling myself i did NOT need it, LOL. I think you will be very happy though, it seems great, and i can't wait to hear all about it. Congrats.zane