PDA

View Full Version : combi ultra savvy 2001

rebecca0213
06-26-2002, 02:45 PM
i have the combi 2001 ultra savvy on which the folding mechanism broke. i called the company and i qualify for a replacement. my question is to those of you that have done this already -- are they waiting on me to send the seat cover from my old stroller before they send out the new one? even though it no longer collapses, i hate to destroy it and be without even for a day. i think she said that they would go ahead and send the new one and then i would have to send in the seat, but i can't remember. thanks for any help!

mommymaria
06-27-2002, 07:31 AM
You remember correctly - you send in a part of the seat after receiving the new stroller.

I just spoke with a Combi rep yesterday regarding the same problem on my Ultra Savvy. It will take about 15 working days to receive the replacement stroller. In the package will be a diagram showing exactly what part of the seat cover to send it (it sounds like they want something cut out).

Maria

rebecca0213
06-27-2002, 10:11 AM
thanks so much maria -- i'm anxiously awaiting the new arrival!!! rebecca

suzska
06-28-2002, 07:15 AM
I got the instructions for cutting out the seatbase. I'm still waiting for the stroller.

You have to lift up the seat cushion and cut out the part below that, and send it (with the cardboard inside for some reason) to them in something like a padded envelope I believe. At least for the Convenience Stroller. Don't know what it's like for the others. You send it with a copy of the form they mail you, with the work order number on it.

I did leave them a message last Fridat wondering if there were different patterns available from the one they said they were sending my last Thursday, but they never called back. Not even to say it was too late to change the work order if anything else was available. I wish they would have called. Oh, well.

I should get the stroller next week.

mommymaria
07-03-2002, 02:16 PM
Just an update. I got the directions for sending the seat base back on Monday, mailed it on Tuesday, and got my new stroller today (Wednesday).

The whole process took only 7 days. Congratulations to Combi for great customer service.

Maria

suzska
07-04-2002, 06:44 AM
Okay, so where's my stroller?!?!?

I guess if I don't see anything by Monday, I'll trying contacting them again. It's two weeks today since I first talked to them. Maybe Evan erased the message on the answering machine when they actually called me back. No, probably not.

suzska
07-11-2002, 07:33 AM
I tried calling all day on Monday, and the phone was busy the whole day. I tried again on Tuesday, and it was busy until about 4:40pm (ET). I was then on hold for about 11 minutes until I got a person (I was determined to stay on until maybe 5:00pm before I left a message or tried e-mail again). When I told her I was checking on my replacement stroller, she took my info and put me on hold, again, for about 8 minutes this time! After all that she couldn't locate my stroller, and said she'd have to talk to someone from the right department and get back to me. Well, about 11:30am (ET) on Wednesday she called back (of course the one time I step into the bathroom and can't hear the phone--I'd already missed a call from a contractor earlier in the morning when I went to get a shower!) and left me a message. Basically they had "troubles with their computer system" and I guess my stroller was never shipped. Supposedly they were shipping it yesterday (Wednesday) and I should have it in 4-5 days. We'll see! And apparently they only have mine in the Black Diamond pattern, or nobody wanted to bother to look for it in a different pattern, or she didn't understand my question when I called back to bother her again. :-( I was so hoping for the Dublin Plaid, but I guess I can't complain too much about getting a nicer, newer model of my broken stroller, even if the pattern looks a little uglier (at least online). We'll see how I feel when it actually gets here!

mommymaria
07-11-2002, 12:59 PM
Gee, Sue, sorry you are going through such a hassle. I pulled out my Combi catalog to check out the patterns. Now I see why you like the Dublin Plaid so much. It certainly has more life than my Navy Dot. There is not a good picture of the Black Diamond, but from what I can tell it seems pretty sleek.

Keep us posted.

Maria

christic
07-12-2002, 04:45 PM
Is this a problem with all of the 2001 ultra savvys? Mine seems ok now but we're about to go on a long trip and would hate to have it not fold as we're trying to get on a plane! Are there any warning signs or any specific lot numbers affected, or do all of them just suddenly refuse to fold?

ms tinkerbell
07-12-2002, 09:12 PM
suzska ~ I am sorry to hear that I am not the only person who has had serious trouble with Combi lately. I ordered my stroller on May 23 from the website. Said it would ship in about 5 days. Five days later, hadn't heard anything. I emailed on June 3, received an email on June 4 saying "we apologize for the problem, your stroller will ship today."
June 10, I still hear nothing from them, and no stroller. I email again asking what kind of shipping they used and if there was a tracking number to confirm it had shipped.
June 12, I get an email saying: "We're not sure what confirmation you are waiting for; we advised you on Monday that it was shipping. It will arrive via Federal Express Ground."
Ugh! This gets worse.... I email again saying I want a tracking number immediately. Then I said that it doesn't take 8 days to receive items FedEx. I then receive this on June 14: "Perhaps
you misunderstood our previous e-mail; the stroller did not ship 2 weeks ago, it just shipped on June 12th due to our error." The stroller was scheduled to arrive on June 19!!!!

I finally finally got my stroller on June 23 when I got back from vacation which was why I was so angry in the first place!! I sent them sort of a nasty email, and now they are saying they will send me a free diaper bag of my choice. I said sure, do whatever you can to keep me as a customer because I am not pleased. They don't respond until July 7 saying "sorry we didn't have access to our email for a week, sure we will send you a bag in a week."

I have about had it but I love my Combi! So, I am pretty bummed that this is the sort of thing I have to deal with.

Anyhow, I hope everyone else has had better experiences and this is a fluke accident type thing. Good luck everyone... I am not sure if Combi can keep up with their demand.

MI_MOM
07-13-2002, 08:00 AM
I experienced the same problem with the locking mechanism breaking after 2 months. I received a brand new Black Diamond stroller and returned my seat pan with no problems.

My concern is that the replacement will break in the next few months. Has anyone received a 2002 US as a replacement stroller? Does anyone have the same concern?? Although I bought the stroller on clearance, I don't want to have to replace it. It's too much $$

The Fields' update on the US indicated Combi admitted to having problems with the locking mechanism.

Thanks!

suzska
07-17-2002, 08:22 AM
We were going to spend the day at Grammy's yesterday, so I was afraid the stroller would arrive while I was gone and be sitting on the front stoop all day. Well, it quietly arrived around 10am (the FedEx guy never knocked or rang the bell, or anything--and the front door was open, but storm door closed). Of course I had to put it together right away. I don't remember so much assembly with the first one, but whatever....

We took it along with us to Grammy's, and while I didn't get to use it, Uncle Craig and Pap-Pap took turns pushing Evan around the neighborhood in it.

I will say that the Black Diamond looks MUCH better in person than I thought it would. It's more of a black and white Plaid, and not really a Diamond pattern, so I don't know why they call it that. The seatbelt closing mechanism looks much better than the 2000 model--Grammy always had trouble with that, so I hope this one works better. Other than the Acoustic Canopy speakers, which we haven't tried out yet, I don't see much else that is different from my old one (I had already bought the kid's tray for my old one). But now I have the Perfect Match covers for my infant seat if I decide to use them--didn't have those with the old one. I guess the canopy has a little more coverage, too.

Well, just wanted to let you all know that it arrived safe and sound. Now I just have to destroy the old one and send the seat back. :-( What do I do with what's left? I still really hate the idea of throwing it away. Surely there's something useful that could be done? Oh, well....

Of course now I think I need to get a NEW stroller. He he! ;-)