PDA

View Full Version : Snap 'n Go, Lite, LX, Lite LX, Sport

xiaolun
06-27-2002, 03:32 PM
I am expecting and have pretty much decided to go the "infant carseat + universal carrier" route until the baby is a few months old, when I'll get a nice lightweight stroller. But I'm confused about all the (slightly) different Snap 'n Go products out there. I've seen at least the following variations:

1. Snap 'n Go Lite - a white frame where the carseat sits very low;
2. Snap 'n Go Lite LX - a navy frame with a sling basket;
3. Snap 'n Go LX - a navy frame;
4. Snap 'n Go LX - a navy frame with thick plastic bars around;
5. Snap 'n Go Sport - a navy frame in alumnium with adjustable handle.

Can anybody tell me how these products compare with one another? BRU has only No. 3, but the various websites carry out models, although nobody seems to have any two items at the same time. According several previous comments on this board, Kolcraft's Universal Car Seat Carrier sits the baby higher than Snap 'n Go. But I wonder if they referred to No. 1, which has a really low set-up, or all of them.

Many thanks.

Cara
06-27-2002, 04:06 PM
Try to find a place which would have the Kolcraft and one of the Snap 'n Go. When I saw the Snap'n Go (number 3) and the Kolcraft, it was easy to decide for the Kolcraft. Didn't take me more than 1 minute.

Momof3Labs
06-27-2002, 09:02 PM
I registered for the Kohlcraft because it also has a cup holder/tray in all the pictures I saw. I didn't see one in the Snap n Go pictures - not sure if it has one. Just something else to think about.

Lori
due 10/12 w/ #1

Andrews Mom
06-28-2002, 09:32 AM
I agree. I have the Kolcraft and love it! To me, it's much nicer than the Snap'n Gos that I have seen.

shibababy
06-28-2002, 11:44 PM
I recently purchased the Kolcraft Universal Carseat Stroller for $39.99 at Baby Depot. I have the fisher price stay in view carseat (absolutely love it!) and wanted a stroller that was compatible with it. I am extremely pleased with it. Trust me when I say that I am lazy and this stroller is sooo easy to manuever, fold, set up and so lightweight. My 9-yr.old can easily get it out of the trunk area and set it up with a flick of the wrist. It doesn't require any tools to set up to fit your carseat and converts in seconds (which is good because I can make the easiest task very difficult). The cup holder/tray is nice and the basket underneath is huge, it has these little pockets that I discovered on my second use, I put the bottle in there and it held it so nicely. I am considering purchasing a second one for future use, just in case, anything might happen to my first one. Buy this one you won't regret it, if you don't i might just have to buy another one to keep the sales going on this product. I am so glad that i didn't get one of those standard travel systems. I am much happier with this, besides I already have another stroller at home that I can use later when my baby outgrows her carseat-I do foster care for girls 2 yrs. and under, so I will probably get tons of use out of this stroller.

mes14
06-29-2002, 08:10 PM
I had the Snap'n go lite and hated it. The baby's so low to the ground + you don't have a basket. Now I have the Snap'n go lx, with the basket and baby higher off the ground, and just love it. I have used this frame more than my Peg or Maclaren. It's so easy to get in and out of the car and you don't disturb your sleeping baby.

zane
06-30-2002, 12:32 AM
I had the little low one for my first, and always regretted not having the basket. When my 2nd dd was born i got the nicer snap n go with the basket , no cup holder. When i saw the Kolcraft, i bought it and tossed the snap n go. I hated to spend the money for a different version of a car seat carrier, but i think it is so much better & the only reason people have the snap n go instead of the kolcraft is because they sell it more places. The kolcraft is the way to go. It is wonderful!!zane