PDA

View Full Version : Any experience/comments/opinion on 2002 Milano vs. Duoglider?

Kate123
06-27-2002, 05:46 PM
I am expecting DS #2 in August (DS #1 is 2.5 yrs old and tall). I have decided that since I get out so much (mall, etc.) that at least initially I would be better served with a tandem vs. a SBS (need to be able to install car seat). Then later, if I don't like it I will sell the tandem and get a SBS.
Anyway, I was all ready to go with the Graco Snugride and Graco Duoglider, then I saw the Peg Tender XL. Hmmmm. Now I really disliked the older Tender's....didn't like the way they steered, etc. but this one has the bigger wheels and I must say it handled pretty well. Any input? If I DID go this way, should I go with the Peg car seat as well? The Graco did sort of fit in there okay, especially if I could strap it in .

Here's my Pro's/Cons that I can see anyway.

Pro's: *Weighs only 24-26lbs (depending on which web site you believe) vs. 30lbs on the Duoglider

* Higher front seat. Both seats are 17" backrest whereas the front seat on the Duoglider is only 15". Cut's off my DS at the neck, but not sure if this will be an issue.

* Is nicer looking, has the adjustable foot rest.

Con's:

* Price

* Small basket, especially compared to Graco

* No tandem seating (is this really an advantage in the Graco? Can't tell if the rear seat is elevated enough to really make a difference).

* BIG ONE: Not sure if the front napper bar swivels or removes as I do NOT want to be lifting my older DS in and out of the stroller. This would be a deal breaker for me and the store did not know and said they would check on it.

Well any opinions you have are very welcome!

Thanks, Kathy