PDA

View Full Version : WeeBees Diaper Bag?

gdota
06-30-2002, 03:45 PM
Has anyone tried this diaper bag or know of anyone who uses it?

The reviews seem great, but I'm hesitant to spend so much on one bag. Is it really worth it, or is there a more organzied bag out there (keeping in mind that we use cloth diapers, which take up WAY more space than disposables!)

It's at:
http://www.weebees.com/web_page/diaper_bag.html

Thanks!

-gabrielle

adamsmom
07-01-2002, 02:55 PM
Gabrielle,

No, I Havn't used this bag, but it sure looks interesting. I wish the images on the site were a little clearer!! I hope someone has some real life experience. Are you considering any other bags?

Jessica

egoldber
07-01-2002, 03:23 PM
It looks interesting but seems expensive. They don't give a very detailed description of it, so it's hard to say how nice it would be. It sounds a lot like the Lands End Do It All, except for the removable parent pack (which is a good idea). The Do it All is about half the price though. If you haven't tried the Do It All, you may want to give that a try and return it if you don't like it. The nice thing about Lands End is that they take ANYTHING back.

I disagree with their characterization of insulated bottle holders as useless. They are great not just for bottles, but also for sippy cups and for Mom's water bottle.

But the more I learn about diaper bags, it seems you're better off buying a good bag with lots of pockets that is the size you want and then adding in your own baby accessories.

HTH,

gdota
07-01-2002, 09:36 PM
Yes, I am considering other bags, and I already have a LE do-it-all (this is my second child). I don't like the do-it-all because it's not a backpack: I have bursitis that flares up in a major way when I hang anything heavy off one shoulder. I have a Combi Sling (cross-shoulders is ok) for short trips, but I was looking for something to handle longer day-trips with both enough diapers for baby and all the snacks an active preschooler can eat!

The reason I like the weebees bag is that it seems to have all the compartments of a do-it-all, yet it is backpack-convertable. But I am also considering other options: using a basic backpack with all my own accessories, for example. I just hate trying to find something that's way down at the bottom of the bag because everything gets jammed into one big section.

I agree about using a bottle-holder for a water bottle - It's what I always used mine for! I wonder why she didn't think of that?!

MelissaTC
10-18-2002, 10:31 PM
I have begun cloth diapering and realize that my prefolds do not really fit well in my combi us. This bag seems pretty cool. Did you buy it? Do you like it? I also bf and while I take a bottle with me at times, it is more for an emergency than anything else. TIA :)

-Melissa
Mommy to Matthew Patrick, 6/23/02