PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE tell me if you have any experience with the Graco Duolite?

Kate123
07-04-2002, 12:45 AM
I have a tall 2.5 year old and a DS due in August. Not sure how early you can use this stroller, but will probably use a borrowed tandem (to fit the car seat) for the first few months anyway. It's on clearance and I understand to be discontinued. Seemed to steer really well, seats tall enough for DS and great basket...lightweight. BUT the single nap bar kinda throws me (DS will have to climb in vs. step in as I would like the napper for my other child), plus the foot rest seems to narrow or high....DS's feet keep slipping off. Not sure whether to bite the bullet or hold out for either an ARIA twin or Combi twin. I have seen the Aria and really like it, just not sure if it's worth the extra $150...although it DID fold down much more compactly.

Well any input good or bad is GREATLY appreciated!
Kathy

PS: I don't want to make a rash decision but at $119, if it's a great deal didn't want to pass it up....as long as you think I maybe could resell it if I change my mind?

denise1111
07-04-2002, 08:40 AM
We started with a Duoglide when our twins were small.
Its a nice narrow stroller.
Great for the mall and getting through narrow aisles.
My girls used their car seats untll they were 7 mo. old then they were sitting up on their own.
They're not walking yet, so the climbing in issue hasn't come up.
The stroller folds easily, the breaks work well, and it was light enough to lift into our SUV.
We just got out Mountain Buggy but I plan to hang on to my Duoglide for awhile for malling.
For outdoor walking the Mountain Buggy is worth every dime. If I would have started with it it would probably be my only stroller. My girls are almost 9 mo. old now. I put the stroller fleece in, fully reclined the seats, and put the girls in. They were sound asleep in no time. Very comfortable! ***Denise E***

Kate123
07-04-2002, 10:39 AM
Were you speaking of the Duoglide which is a front and back tandem or the DUOLITE which is a side by side? I was confused. Thanks for the feedback on the MB. I have heard alot about it. Is the MB suitable for malls as well? Lightweight? Thanks,
K.

denise1111
07-04-2002, 11:15 AM
We have the tandem. The top seat folds down flat, perfect for a carseat.
We just recieved the MB. I haven't been to the mall with it yet, but we'll definetely be giving it a try. It should be fine unless its terribly busy. I love the huge storage area on the duoglide. The MB has 2 smaller mesh compartments and I don't know how shopping friendly they'll be, but I think O.K.
I like doing a lot of outdoor walking. The hard wheels on the DG made for a bumpy ride. It didn't have much for sun protection either. The MB is a smooth ride so I can walk briskly (still working on getting off my pregancy weight gain). The sun cover fits so well and it also keeps bugs off. It has 70% UV protection, nice for my little fair skinned redheads. I felt so free walking with my babies yesterday. I had been on modified bedrest my last trimester, had a C-section, had to wait for the WI winter to go away, tied to the house with the twins except for malling. I feel like I can go anywhere now. So that makes it worth the expenditure (spent my tax return on it)

For malling the MB would be overkill. The DG does a great job for that. But if you'll be heading to the parks, zoo, around the neighborhood, etc... I think the urban can handle the mall just fine AND do all the outdoor stuff(I wonder how much I will use my DG now)

The DG is definetely a lot of stroller for the money.
***Denise E***

Kate123
07-04-2002, 05:47 PM
Actually the stroller I was questioning about in my original post is the Graco DUOLITE which is an 18lb. side by side (vs. a the tandem you are referring to which is the DUOGLIDER). I do appreciate all your input on the DUOGLIDER though, since I will be getting one of those as well. I want the Duoglider b/c I can use the car seat and keep my older DS contained. None of the side by sides can accomodate a car seat and most are only usable after 6 months anyway. I was asking about the DUOLITE since it's a lightweight side by side and was on clearance...thinking I could use it after the baby is around 6 months when I may decide to sell the Duoglider. I know with all these "Duo" names it's easy to get the strollers mixed up!

In any case, thanks for your input both on the duoglider and the MB. I will have to re-think my purchases!

Thanks,
K.

denise1111
07-04-2002, 09:34 PM
Sorry, it takes me awhile sometimes.
Thats certainly a nice weight.
Hope you find exactly what meets your needs!

***Denise E***