PDA

View Full Version : HELP - lost in strollers!!!

belindapooh
07-08-2002, 06:17 AM
Stroller Queen and Everyone - Please help me....I've tried to read as much of the boards but you know how it is....working and having an infant. This is my dilemna...I've got the graco metrolite to go with the graco snugride carseat (shower gifts). Now that she's able to hold her head up, I don't like to keep her in her carseat when we go out. The stroller served it's purpose then. So now....I can't stand the stroller - hard to get to the basket, the reclining positions is by drawstring and it just doesn't seem plush enough. I do like that it's got cupholders for me and her and drives nice. I also have a graco kiterider (also a shower gift) that I use around the neighborhood and quick trips to the store. This was perfect until I went on concrete and the front wheels don't roll smoothly making it a shaky and noisy ride....so I bought a Combi Perfect Match 6620...loved it, reclines for dd to sleep, etc. However now this strollers front wheels are doing the same thing the kiteriders is doing. I'm ready to break down and buy a Peg...but which one and is it the right one for me? I'm looking for a nice stroller, reclining for dd to sleep, decent canopy and basket, rides nicely - no stalling wheels, cupholder for dd, cupholder for me would be great, lightweight - less than 15lbs. I'll be using it for trips to the mall, neighborhood stroll....or do you think I should have to separate ones? If so, which ones? I appreciate your feedback!!! :o)

Andrews Mom
07-08-2002, 12:35 PM
I just got a PP Atlantico Trek and so far I really like it. DS is 3-1/2 months and we mostly use the Kolcraft Universal which I love, but we've taken the PP out for some neighborhood walks and I've been very happy with it. The basket is not large but it's fairly easy to access and holds the diaper bag and a few other small things. It has cup holder/snack trays for parents and baby. I bought the urbano color (light blue) and have gotten several compliments. It's not very lightweight (I think it said 17 pounds). I also bought a Mac Vogue 2001 on sale at BabyCenter.com for lightweight needs but haven't used it yet because we always use the Kolcraft when we're out and about.

Good luck with your decision. I agonized for months both before and after DS was born and finally decided to go with a PP and a Mac, but I still like to look at others. I have a feeling I'm going to end up a stroller addict. I'm well on my way with 3 strollers and only one 3 month old baby. Ooh, just realized that's one stroller a month so far. Yikes. I better be careful. LOL :)