PDA

View Full Version : I think I've decided on the Mountain Buggy Urban... (m)

rachelfran
07-08-2002, 05:50 PM
after I thought I bought the Bebecar Urban - and my seller backing out... he is finally returning my check so I'm ready to get something else... There are two dealers near me but neither have it in stock so I guess I will order direct from MB.

I'm just looking for some advice - I am leaning toward either the red or grape ... I love how the black looks but I think it would be hot in the summer .. do you agree?

Also - are there any specific accessories that are must haves through MB? Will I be able to get a rain cover elsewhere that will fit or should I get it from them?

Do I have to choose the seat fabric? canvas or nylon? what do I do about that?

Thanks for any and all advice!

Rachel

zane
07-08-2002, 09:03 PM
Rachel, Are there just no places to get the Bebecar? I went to USABABY today to see the Raider a/t (thats all they have) and its very nice. I would prefer the urban tracker reversable though.
Let me tell you, i have the MB Dbl Urban and LOVE it, in blk ( my concerns were heat too, but so far no problem at all and very chic looking) and my next choice was red ( i think it would be great in red, my baby jogger was red and i miss how great it looked)
I did not get accessories for it, and don't miss anything. I got a stroller pockets thing forom a baby store for bottle, keys etc, will look at box and tell you the name later, it is perfect for this stroller.
The minuses for this stroller to me are that it folds flattish for a jogger, it is a bit awkward to fold it, and heavy ( but mine is a dbl) and didn't glide thru beach sand as well as the bigger tire joggers did. so ,let me know your plans. zane

sbirmantaz
07-09-2002, 06:37 AM
HI there, just wanted to let you know someone on pp board posted a store in Canada that has the Urban Tracker and will ship to the US! It is www.crocodile-kids.com I still want the 4 wheeled AT stroller! It is about 343 US dollars...

zane
07-09-2002, 09:59 AM
As far as i can see, only the raider is there. Did i miss something?zane

sbirmantaz
07-09-2002, 12:59 PM
Here is the direct link to the Urban Tracker page. Hope that helps. Let me know what you think of it. I am hoping it isn't as long as the Bertini Sport. I don't want something that large. I sent the company an email, but haven't heard back yet. If you or anyone comes across measurments for it I'd love to know them. Thanks

http://www.crocodile-kids.com/StrolTracker.html

zane
07-09-2002, 04:25 PM
I was able to fold the Raider and it folded really long, longer, but flatter than the Bertini Shuttle I would guess that the Tracker was same kind of fold. It seemed too long for me, i preferred the more boxy shape of the Bertini ( but bought neither one.)zane

denise1111
07-10-2002, 09:12 PM
I have the spruce green so I have no advice on your color choices. IMO anything that isn't navy is refreshing.

I bought the rain cover and the sun cover. I thought it was overkill when I was ordering but now I am very glad to have them. It makes my all terrain stroller also all weather(sorry to hear how poor it did on the beach sand though)

The covers fit perfectly and are of high quality.

We bought the bowron stroller fleece. It is available for $43.99 at http://www.organicbebe.com/stroller_fleeces.asp. IMO you will have to get some sort of padding for a baby and the stroller fleece works nicely.

I'm very happy with my stroller. It pushes and steers wonderfully well.
It is a bit heavy. I like the fold.
I am looking forward to using this stroller with my twins until they're 4-5 y.o.

***Denise E***

denise1111
07-11-2002, 11:58 AM
Zane,
What type of stroller pocket thing did you get?
I really have to get something to put a beverage in for myself, too.
***Denise E***

rachelfran
07-11-2002, 12:10 PM
thanks
i bought the stroller fleece from organic bebe yesterday
any idea how long till i get it from them?

rachel

zane
07-13-2002, 12:37 PM
Denise,
Sorry i didn't answer before, got distracted and missed your question.
You MUST buy this thing. It is called a cooler stroller by Childress ( i will confirm that in a minute if i am wrong.) It is the best, fits perfectly, holds snacks, bottle or cup and keys, money in 3 seperate pouches. Attaches w/ velco (sewn in) and works better than anything i have seen elsewhere. Also works on umbrella stroller handles. Hangs flat $16. i think, i got it at USABABY in blk, also had navy, and royal blue..zane
If i find a link i will attach.
I saw it at babysupermall, can't link for some reason, but in totes section under Childress. or type in cooler stroller by Childress in yahoo search.
The pic they show is ugly but mine in blk looks very chic.
Zane

denise1111
07-14-2002, 12:31 PM
Thanks Zane,

It looks very functional.
I'll have to get one of these and safe my mesh compartments for other things (not to mention my back from bending,LOL)
The black will match the trim on my stroller so should look very nice.

***Denise E***

denise1111
07-14-2002, 12:34 PM
Here's the site for the stroller cooler:
http://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/jlc/jlc02900n.html
***Denise E***

zane
07-14-2002, 11:30 PM
So it is called a stroller cooler, not a cooler stroller (i thought that was REALLY dumb!!)
I had thrown the box in to the garage into my DD's wagon upside down under some other stuff, & must have read it wrong, Duh!!!!!
zane

denise1111
07-15-2002, 11:50 AM
'J.L. CHILDRESS: STROLLER-COOL INSULATED TOTE WITH DRINK HOLDER' - That's its official name. Stroller cool...What's that???? so I'm calling it a stroller cooler. I'm glad you mentioned the product because I've never seen one before and it looks like it is very user friendly.I just ordered mine.Thanks again.***Denise E***

zane
07-15-2002, 12:24 PM
I think you will really like it. I have looked at/tried so many & this one works the best for me. Good Luck.
zane

denise1111
07-18-2002, 12:28 PM
I got my strooler cool yesterday. It fits very nicely. I can recline the seats without bumping into it. Nice to have their bottle and my water/keys easily accesible. And it definetely looks great with the stroller. Thanks for sharing your find.
***Denise E***

Melanie
07-18-2002, 12:56 PM
Does the stroller fleece make it hot in the summer?
I'm looking for something to add a little more padding to my stroller for 8 mo. old.

Mommy to Jonah

rachelfran
07-18-2002, 02:46 PM
i am waiting for my stroller fleece
it's supposed to come tomorrow
according to the website - it's supposed to absorb baby's sweat and keep him cooler - that would be helpful since it's been really hot here and the two times i've used my mb so far, my son's back is all sweaty...

Andrews Mom
07-18-2002, 06:29 PM
It looks great. I think I'll get that for my Maclaren.

Anybody have any coupon codes for Baby Supermall?

denise1111
07-19-2002, 03:48 PM
It has been very hot and humid here in Milwaukee.
I've been using the stroller fleece for my twin girls(9 mo. old) for about 3 wks now.
True to Bowron's claims it wicks away perspiration keeping my babies dry.
There other claim is it improves air circulation which seems evident.
When my girls are fussy I put them in their MB Urban with the fleece and they settle down immediately.
We take hour long walks(sometimes 2and 3 hrs) and they play, coo, and nap.(If I go too long I hear some complaints though,LOL).
I used to work in a nursing home and they used fleece year round for the same reasons...it helps prevent pressure sores. That is why I knew it was a good choice for a pad for my girls.
It looks like it would be too warm for wool, but really if my girls were directly on the nylon seats I'm sure they would be drenched.

***Denise E***

rachelfran
07-19-2002, 04:38 PM
thanks for this post - i just got the fleece today and put it on the stroller but haven't had a chance to take the stroller out yet - I did use it bofore the fleece came and my son's back was drenched when i picked him up out of the stroller... I'm glad to hear that the fleece will help keep him cooler!

Rachel

denise1111
07-20-2002, 02:31 PM
Let us know how the fleece works out for you and your son.
**Denise E***

rachelfran
07-20-2002, 02:42 PM
I used it today... and no sweaty back for my pumpkin! granted it wasn't as hot but it is incredibly humid ... it looks and feels totally comfy... do they come in adult sizes for the car...lol Don't think I could afford it though!

Melanie
07-20-2002, 05:01 PM
=( I just remembered, I am allergic to wool. I don't suppose something synthetic would do the trick as accurately. Oh well.

Mommy to Jonah