PDA

View Full Version : we just bought the bébécar raider AT plus

gerrythegreat
07-09-2002, 09:10 PM
Hi there,

This is my first post. I have been trying for over a week to register but it wasnt working. I finally realised it was my internet security system that woudnt let me access the register page. Anyhow I would like to thank everyone who takes their time to post, your comments have helped us and countless others I'm sure. It helped in our decision on wich stroller to buy.

We finally decided to buy the bébécar raider AT Plus. The others we considered were the bébécar tracker and the bertini shuttle/M5. Why did we choose the raider? Well over the bertini it was the fact that

1. we couldnt place the baby in order to face us
2. the steerable wheels (4) seem hard to get used to
3. was harder to fold
4. was 399.00 cnd without the boot

As for over the tracker it was

1. the tracker seating area is not as wide as the raider
2. the tracker seemed heavier
3. seemed to take more space in the trunk. We have a sentra
spec V and we werent even sure either one was gonna
fit before we tried them.
4. the raider was cheaper. 389.00 cnd compared to 469.00 cnd

I Hope this is helpful

sbirmantaz
07-10-2002, 06:10 AM
Hi there, congrats on the Raider! I am thinking about getting the Tracker. Could you tell me how the steering was with the Tracker? I have seen it only for 500 something cnd, where did you see it for 469? Thanks!

rachelfran
07-10-2002, 06:11 AM
That's great - congratulations! Do you know, by any chance what the stroller weighs? I'd be curious to know if it comes in at it's advertised weight of 19 lbs...

also what color did you get?

thanks for the info!

Rachelq

eekwan
07-10-2002, 11:04 AM
Hi there,

Thanks for your posting...there seems to be alot of chatter about these Bebecars. I was able to test one out last weekend and was really turned off by the way this stroller maneuvered when going backwards.

I know that we will be pushing this thing forward most of the time, but there will be those moments when you do have to maneuver tight aisles in reverse and I didn't see the Bebecar steering mechanism working well with that.

Did you find this to be a problem at all for you?

Thanks for your input!

Ernie

sbirmantaz
07-10-2002, 12:47 PM
Just thought I would add that I tested the Bertini's and Bebecar Raider last week and because of the steerable wheels the salesperson said you lock the front wheels to back up. Once I locked the front it was no problem to back up...

sbirmantaz
07-11-2002, 09:48 AM
Thanks for all of the info! I am going to email them right now.

sbirmantaz
07-18-2002, 12:03 PM
Hi again, I have a quick question for you: It doesn't say on the bebecar website that the Raider AT plus can have the baby face the parents too. Is that right or can you set it up to so the baby faces you? Do you need a separate piece? Thanks again for the info! I am still waiting to hear from a store in Canada...

eekwan
07-18-2002, 11:41 PM
The Raider AT Plus does not offer rear facing. However, the Tracker Urban does, it is an upgraded version of the Raider AT. Other things the Tracker has that the Raider doesn't have are height-adjustable handles and slick wheels (as opposed to knobby) which make for a smoother roll.

HTH

Ernie

gerrythegreat
07-19-2002, 07:21 PM
Actually you can have the baby face you for the first few months in the laying down position. As for the tires my raider has the slick tires while others have the knobby ones. I guess someone could choose if they wanted.

gerrythegreat
08-25-2003, 11:10 PM
I will try and answer all your questions. If you have more or if I forget some don't be afraid to ask.

See the attachment for the color it is called Moonstone which is a combination of grey and kaki.

For going backward I would agree with the person who said to lock the wheels.

I don't remember any difference in steering with the Tracker so I would have to say great.

It weighs 30 lbs. Dont know how they came up with 19. Unless they meant in Kg.

We bought it at a store in Montreal called NEUF MOIS PLUS TARD which means nine monthers later. I cant say enough about the quality of the service we got there.

here is the link to their site. I'm afraid it is only in french

http://www.total.net/~neufmois/fr/f_trouv.html

here is their address 6596, bd Saint Laurent
Montréal Québec

phone number: (514) 270-0664
fax : (514) 270-0729
email : [email protected]