PDA

View Full Version : Fav. Stroller for Amusements parks (in the summer)

Melanie
07-12-2002, 11:36 AM
Does anyone have any opinions on this? We're heading to Sea World then in the fall Disneyland. I want the features of my cadillac (full sunshade & recline), but not the weight!

Mommy to Jonah

nywifey
07-12-2002, 02:30 PM
I just love the Graco Kite for traveling. I have a PP Venezia for my mall crawler and my every day city Mac Techno. But the Graco Kite I leave at my mother's home as an extra stroller. It's fantastic for light use. Has a great recline, large basket, rides smooth. I've had no complaints with it yet. But I only use it when visiting my mother for short walks or on vacations like Disneyworld etc..

Me personally, I just don't like traveling with an expensive good stroller. Just in case of anything happens to it, it only cost me $39 rather than hundreds...

But I find the Kite to be a few steps better than a cheap $12 umbrella stroller. Has all the features without the big price.

Hope that helps...

alijp5
07-12-2002, 03:35 PM
I really like the Graco CitiLite and Chicco Ponee for places like Disney World. The Chicco is my current fav, it has lots of features and a good sized basket. Very lightweight and folds compactly.

mam615
07-19-2002, 08:02 PM
No personal experience with this, but my sister has been to Disney World (Florida) a few times with her 3 kids, and she always just rents what they have at the park. Much easier to get around on the monorail and other transportation with big crowds.

suzska
07-21-2002, 05:10 PM
We took our Combi 6600 to Disney World. We were travelling with a large group, so getting onto the buses and stuff wasn't a problem--one person to hold the baby, one person to hold the diaper bag, someone to fold and carry the stroller, etc.

You don't say how old Jonah is. Someone suggested renting the strollers there. That may or may not work depending how old your child is, and what you plan to do while you're there. Evan (who was 10 months when we went) fell asleep before we left the park at least once, so it was nice to wheel him back to the hotel (we were staying on Disney property) without having to get him out of the stroller. It was also nice to have our own stroller for when we weren't at the parks. My cousin has rented the strollers at Disney World, but her kids were older at the time.