PDA

View Full Version : Peg Perego Tender Twin XL (????)

Gagesmom
07-15-2002, 06:06 PM
I ordered one of these strollers for a great price, a 2002 model. My question: Does it accept other brands of car seats or just the Perego car seat? And if it works with an attatchment bar that you can buy separately for other brands of car seats, where on earth can I buy one? I cannot get ahold of customer service at Peg Perego-I was on hold for over an hour! Hello-I have a toddler! Anyway, any help on this matter would be appreciated, thanks!

Lucypiemom
07-17-2002, 08:29 AM
It's my understanding (based on the stroller dept. guya t buy buy baby) that the tender twin only takes peg car seats, no other car seats, and the adapter bars that work with the peg pliko and milano do NOT work with the peg tender. Also, the twin aria does not take car seats, even the peg seat, because it would then be too wide to fit thru a door.

I have the adapter bar for a single peg stroller that I got at buy buy baby -- and I know someone else who bought one at babystyle.com.

HTH

Gagesmom
07-19-2002, 07:18 PM
I finally got my answer, Peg Perego answered me by email, and for any of you wondering, the Tender Twin XL only takes the Primo Viaggio seats. Also, if anyone wants to buy an adaptor bar for their strollers by Peg that take them, they have them also at strollers4less.com.
We wound up buying the Primo Viaggio car seat, we got one for a great price, $30 cheaper than what you'd normally pay, so we went for the convenience of it. I've heard good things from those I know who have it, so I'll keep you updated on how we like it. :)

GoingOnThree
07-21-2002, 11:10 AM
Gagesmom,
Where did you get your Primo Viaggio so cheap? I am torn between that carseat (for convenience sake) and getting another Evenflo infant seat which I know is good alone but seems more of a pain to work with the Pliko, which we bought a few mos ago for the baby we are expecting in Sept. If I got a good deal on the Primo Viaggio that might tip me over the edge!

Thanks!
Kathy

Gagesmom
07-22-2002, 11:00 AM
Hi Kathy, I got my Peg P carseat at a local store called Babylove, they had the floor models for 15% off and I also had a $10 coupon for the store (I live in Ft. Lauderdale). The floor models are perfect, they are only used as display for all the different fabrics, they come with all accessories, etc. Normally I don't like display items but these passed my snobby tests for brand-new-ness! ha ha. Anyway, I did also see the 2001 Primo Viaggio for $99 at www.strollers4less.com, plus $6.95 shipping. I'm not sure if they any more avaiable, but it won't hurt to try.