PDA

View Full Version : Combi Perfect Match Convenience 6630

pattonas
07-17-2002, 10:46 PM
We purchased a couple of months ago the Combi Perfect Match Convenience 6630 stroller. We just started using it and have noticed that unless we are on a very smooth surface (Like a garage or basement floor) the front wheel chatter or excessively wiggle (like a bad wheel on a grocery shopping cart). I thought at first that it might be because there wasn't enough baby weight in it. I tried it with several of our neighbors kids at 26lbs and then some and it still does it.

I have tried to contact Combi's customer service line with no success. Just a busy signal all the time. Finally got their local number since I am in Chicago and they are too.

Has anyone had similar problems. I bought this due to the high marks it got via this message board.

Thanks...Scott & Angie

belindapooh
07-18-2002, 06:20 AM
Hi Scott & Angie - Well I just bought the 6620 from babyage.com and had the same problem. I was quite upset because it happened the first time we used it. I've left emails and phone messages with Combi and they still haven't gotten back to me. At the same time I've been dealing with Graco about my other 2 strollers and I only sent them an email - I've been in constant contact with them; very accommodating and since they don't make my pattern anymore to match my infant carseat, they're issuing me just a refund. :o) I really like my combi though because it's a great shopping mall stroller that allows dd to sleep reclined. I hope they get in contact with me soon. I'm ready to actually get rid of it and get a Peg. Let me know if you have any luck reaching customer service. Thanks.

Belinda
mommy to Nyah - 5mths old

belindapooh
07-18-2002, 01:50 PM
It's me again....just got a call from Combi. They gave me 2 options. 1) refund with receipt to buy what I wanted 2) replacement with new 2002 model. I decided on #2 because I really like the combi. So I got the new 2002 which has upgraded features from the 2001 I'm returning (the seat only). They only had Navy dot or Orange Fiesta....I got the Orange but had the Dublin Plaid. I left the message sometime last week like Tuesday I think. So keep calling and leave a message and/or through the website in an email. I hope they get to you soon. Let me know how it goes.

Belinda

schums
07-18-2002, 02:28 PM
Keep trying Combis number. We had the exact same problem and they were wonderful with us.

They sent us a brand new 2002 stroller via Fed Ex (had it 2 days after talking to them) and we only have to send back the stroller seat bottom (have to cut it out) in order to transfer the warranty. This means we get to keep the rest of the stroller for spare parts -- a good deal when your baby constantly makes a mess of the seat pad!!

We've been very happy with their response. I think the key is to stay on the line and wait, as opposed to leaving a message. It's a pain, but at least its a 1-800 number.

Sarah

pattonas
07-18-2002, 03:12 PM
I got ahold of them today after being on hold 25 minutes. They offered us the same thing. They are sending us a new one (Navy Dot) since we didn't want orange. We also have to send them the seat part back too. They told us that the metal spindle that the front wheels attach too was defective in that it was made to small in diameter causing the wiggle in the wheels. lets hope the new one doesn't have the same problem.

Thanks...Scott & Angie

schums
07-19-2002, 11:50 AM
My new one works perfectly. Hope yours does too!

Sarah

suzska
07-19-2002, 12:13 PM
Okay, no you guys have me concerned. :-( I just got my replacement stroller for my broken 6600 model (2000 model bought on clearance last year). I assume I have the 2001 model, because it looks like the one that's on their outlet site. I'm a little confused because the sticker on the stroller says model number 6610, but the box says model number 6620-4 (the "4" is for the Black Diamond pattern--I know that much).

I'll admit I just got it on Tuesday, and haven't had the chance to take Evan out for a stroll in it yet (and he's sleeping now, and it's raining, so....).

I hope I don't have to try to contact them again for ANOTHER stroller. At least not anytime soon. And when I asked the Customer Service Rep, she made it sound like that was the only one available to me, but I keep reading about people getting newer models. Oh, well. BTW, I kind of like the Orange Fiesta one, FWIW.

Melanie
07-20-2002, 06:59 PM
A few combi convenience 6630 questions:
-Does it feel heavy to you?
-I note that you must pull two latches to fold - do you have to do it at the same time, or could you do it one at a time (while holding baby)?
-Can you just use the restraints as a 3-point harness, or must you use it as a 5-point?

Thanks!

Mommy to Jonah

suzska
07-21-2002, 05:02 PM
"Heavy" is a relative thing. My other stroller is a Graco Travel System, so the Combi feels light to me. It might feel heavy to some people. It does feel sturdier to me than, say, a regular umbrella stroller.

You can pull up one latch and then the other. I've never been able to pull them up at the same time. But I do have to hold onto the stroller with the other hand. Evan's always in the carseat or somewhere when I'm folding it--I'm never holding him at the same time. That might be a little tricky. I don't know that I've ever tried to do it.

Mine doesn't have a 5-point harness, so I can't say.

Melanie
07-21-2002, 05:33 PM
LOL! My other stroller is a Graco travel system too! I was trying to find the weight, but they only list the combined weight of the system as 48 pounds!
I have a nice lightweight for errands, but I'm looking for something in-between that and "the caddy." We're going on vacation and I don't want to lug the caddy, but I want my baby to be comfortable for longer outings. He slumps big time in our lightweight and it doesn't fully recline.

Thanks.

Mommy to Jonah

suzska
07-22-2002, 06:10 AM
That's why I got the Combi, to take on vacation. I liked the 6600 over some of the other Combi's (the Savvy's that I looked at) because it had a little wider seat and still a pretty big basket. Evan seemed comfortable enough in it while we were in Disney World--he certainly had no trouble sleeping in it! The other Combi's did fold up smaller, but that wasn't too much of an issue for us. Now I usually just leave it in the back of my Forester. Yes, it still takes up most of my trunk room, but I'm not usually hauling a bunch of other stuff when I'm out with Evan. The Graco stroller is "parked" in our living room, and that's what we've been using for neighborhood walks lately--partly because I still want to get my "money's worth" out of it. LOL!

schums
07-22-2002, 01:47 PM
My 6630 feels about the same weight as the 6610, but I know it's a couple of pounds heavier (the documentation mentioned the weight on both).

You can pull one latch at a time. I usually bend over and grab both at the same time, but obviously not holding the baby while trying this!!

You can use the restraints as a 3 point harness if you want. The shoulder straps simply unhook from the buckle that comes up between their legs. We still use the 5 point, since it helps keep Alex upright (he's almost 4 months) but I can see a time where we don't use the shoulder straps anymore.

Hope this helps!

Sarah

Melanie
07-22-2002, 07:51 PM
Thanks everyone. I hope we don't need to use their customer service, but at the risk of being commited by my spouse I'm going to check this one out tomorrow. I suppose it's a good thing that the nearest baby gear store is 45 minutes to us. ;)

Does anyone know how you can tell which models were created AFTER they fixed the wheel problem? I sent their customer service an email, but I'm not holding my breath. Also - did your wheel problems show up immediately? I'd hate to buy this thing and get halfway across Sea World and start wobbling.

Mommy to Jonah

tlfeehan
07-25-2002, 04:57 PM
I also have a Combi that has this problem but I received it as a gift so I do not have a receipt. Did you need a receipt for the replacement? I also noticed that after washing the seat pad for the first time as per their instructions, it faded considerably, now not matching the canopy. I am thinking of getting the smaller Combi as a travel stroller but these concerns are holding me back.

Thanks.

schums
07-25-2002, 09:17 PM
The problem showed up immediately and had me cursing Combi before I'd gotten 2 houses on my first walk with my infant. To fix the problem for the short term, lock the front wheels so they can't swivel. Longer term get a new one from Combi!

Sarah

schums
07-25-2002, 09:18 PM
No, you do not need a receipt. Just call and tell them the situation, and they'll get you the paperwork, etc. to get a new stroller.

I can't help you with the fading problem. You might mention it to the Service Rep when they (finally) answer your call.

Sarah

tlfeehan
07-29-2002, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the help, I was able to get through to Combi (only on hold for about 10 minutes) and they will be sending me the Orange Fiesta stroller. Though I would have preferred the blue she said I can always just exchange the seat and canopy or purchase those seperately. She would have also been willing to send out a new seat for the one that faded if she wasn't replacing the whole stroller. So glad I found this thread!

Tracy