PDA

View Full Version : Baby likes Combi better than Mountain Buggy!

lmintzer
07-19-2002, 09:49 AM
Hi. I'm a little bummed about this: my 15 month-old seems to like his Combi 6610 better than his MB Urban. He's okay in the Urban if he's in a good mood and if we're moving. But if we stop in a store, to grab a coffee, etc. in the MB, he fusses and tries to sit up. In the Combi (which only has a 3 pt. harness), he hoists himself up by using the napper bar and sits fully upright and looks around.

I debated for months which stroller to get as as replacement for my Combi which wasn't handling well on our sidewalks. We finally decided on the MB (instead of the Zooper Buddy) because it was so much lighter and had the swivel front wheel. Now I wonder if we would have been better off with the Buddy or something with a more traditional seating arrangement (not a jogger seat).

I'm thinking about ordering a stroller fleece to see if that helps him feel more comfortable. Right now, we have an old high chair pad in the MB covered with a receiving blanket. He still slips down with that, so I'm thinking maybe something like a stroller fleece would be a better option to keep him from sliding and help him feel more cozy. The folks at MB recommended getting a foam wedge to place under and/or behind him to help him sit up more and reduce the angle of the incline. Maybe we need a fleece and a wedge (to add cushion and change the angle).

Is anyone else struggling with this in the MB or in any other jog stroller?

Thanks,
Lisa
& Jack, 15 months

zane
07-19-2002, 10:18 AM
Sorry,
so far so good with my 9 1/2 mth & 4 yr, they don't seem to mind, unlike the macs, which they do mind. Have you attached a fastener with toys to sit back and play with, not a bar, but...
I would definitely try the wedge, can't hurt. Good luck.
zane

Melanie
07-19-2002, 06:16 PM
Can you just hook it like a 3-point? I sympathize b/c it seems everyone is going to 5-point for regular strollers (for joggers, I understand, but seriously the rest?). I know my baby would hate them for the same reason. It's good for them to use their muscles sitting up, etc. anyway. It just makes it harder to find a suitable stroller.

Mommy to Jonah

rachelfran
07-20-2002, 02:48 PM
I just got the MB after using my combi savvy z for a whole year and the first time out, my son kept trying to sit up ... I felt really bad about it... but after that first ride he seems to have gotten used to the idea and even seems relaxed... I did get a stroller fleece because I wanted the seem to also be more comfortable and his back was all sweaty from the MB seat .... The fleece is so yummy - plush and soft (is that redundant) - and best of all, no more sweat on his back! I also strung some sassy rings and hooked them to the side with a couple of toys - so he lounges back and plays with those toys.

Maybe it'll just take a little more time for your child to get used to ... but I'm so glad to have something that easily negotiates the sidewalks, curbs and that I can maneuver around the stores in my neighborhood.

denise1111
07-21-2002, 09:12 AM
I tried what the other poster suggested. Last night when we stopped for awhile I unhooked the shoulder straps so it was just a 3-point belt and helped my girls sit up. It worked out fine. My girls are 9 mo.'s and we are using the fleece.(Sycamore Kids is charging $65.00 for the same stroller fleece you can get for $43.99 at http://www.organicbebe.com/stroller_fleeces.asp )
***Denise E***