PDA

View Full Version : maclaren techno vs. vogue

kdales
07-19-2002, 02:45 PM
Can anyone tell me the difference between these two strollers (weight, features, etc.)? In the Maclaren comparison chart all I can find is that that they have slightly different dimensions and come in different fabrics, and that they Vogue now comes with a newborn headrest...anything else? I can't seem to find the Vogue locally, and I am wondering why everyone seems to go with the Techno.... Thanks!

hardysmom
07-22-2002, 03:21 PM
I tried to find this out a bit ago as well-- from what I was told, they are very, very similar. I believe the Techno's handles adjust up/down, a feature some people like but others have said makes it feel more "rickety." The wheels may also be slightly different, but not in a big way. The weight is almost identical.

The Techno's classic colors (black) are very popular, particularly in NYC. I think it has become one of those have-to-have items. Someone posted a great article from the NY Post a few days ago you should read. It is a very sharp, urban looking stroller.

I have the Vogue 2000, which I love. Folds great. Turns on a dime. Great deals to be found. Stroller-wise, I don't think there is a huge difference-- both are very good. Personally, I think the Techno does look cooler. I just couldn't justify the price difference.