PDA

View Full Version : stroller agony!

mbenjamin
07-19-2002, 11:43 PM
PLEASE HELP! I am trying to decide between the Chicco Ponee, Combi Savvy DX, and the Peg Perego Plikomatic. I want durable, but lightweight, with a large basket and easy fold. A child tray and something for the parent is important too. I would be using it for leisurely walks around the neighborhood, and shopping. I had a Graco, but HATED it. It squeaked, rattled and would never make it more than a year. I have read that the Peg is hard to steer, the Combi seems good, and the Chicco is impossible to find reviews for! Any advice?
Michele

Gagesmom
07-22-2002, 11:42 AM
I'd like to clarify: The Pliko isn't hard to steer, in fact it steers like a dream-it turns easily even with a heavy toddler or pre-schooler riding in it, but it is hard to steer WITH ONE HAND. That is the crux of it-you pretty much have to use 2 hands to steer the stroller. I love my Pliko, it was much easier to handle than the Combi that I had, but I had the Combi Travel Savvy, not the Savvy DX. However, the Pliko doesn't have a child tray (it has a padded napper bar that swings out to facilitate diaper changes, a nice plus since the seat has full recline), and it has no cup-holder or basket (tho a large basket and cup-holders can be purchased separately). For me, all the benefits of the Pliko out-weighed the little annoyances. I will gladly push with 2 hands if it means a reclining seat, nice washable upholstery, light, easy fold, easy steering and turning, and most of DURABLE! My Pliko has been beaten up badly in the past 2 years and is still going strong! Good luck on your search!