PDA

View Full Version : Need advice - owners of Primo Viaggio/Pliko Travel Systems

GoingOnThree
07-21-2002, 11:04 AM
Hi,
I posted this message on the carseat board as well but thought I would try here too for those who purchased the whole travel system. I'm desperate to get some feedback so I can make a decision about my infant seat this week.

I am trying to choose an infant carseat for our third baby due in September. I am really having a dilemma between the Peg Perego infant carrier (which works so well with our 2002 Pliko stroller) and going with the Evenflo Cozy Carry (we've had the On My Way in the past and liked it, but it doesn't work as seemlessly with the Peg stroller). My questions for Primo Viaggio owners are:
1) can you use your carseat with a shopping cart? The Evenflo On My Way clipped onto the cart and was really handy during shopping trips. None of the salespeople can seem to give me a straight answer on whether you can do this with the Peg carseat.

2) can you use your carseat on most restaurant high-chairs (the plain wooden kind that most restuarants have)? Again, the Eveflo On My Way was great for that convenience.

3) Do you really find the seat confining to larger/chubbier infants? I think most babies outgrow their infant seats well before the one year mark (mine did around 7 mos, and they were born at 8 lbs 9oz and 8 lbs 14 oz.). I checked the height, depth, width measurements on both seats and they seem to be pretty similar other than the weight restrictions of 20 vs. 22 lbs.

4) Any other kudos or complaints about your infant carrier/carseat? I know some people don't like that you can't use it in a car without the base (not an issue for us) but other than that, feedback would be very appreciated. The only other people I've met that have this carseat are brand new moms at the pediatrician's office and they don't have enough mileage under their belts to give it a thorough review! I need to make a decision soon!

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
- Kathy

riostoker
07-29-2002, 07:36 PM
1. Yep. The PP carseat worked just fine in shopping carts - no problem.

2. I don't know. We never used it in restaurant high chairs. We just worried that it was too unsteady (the high chair flipped upside down - with any car seat), so we typically got a booth and just slid the car seat into the booth.

3. I liked the extra cushioning when the baby was really little. She was just so comfortable in there, and it really seemed to cradle her. She slept in it a lot those first 3 months. She grew out of it at about 6 months because she hit the height limit. (She was 7 lbs, 13 oz. at birth). She also was definitely beginning to look a little squished. When we moved her to the convertible, she was so much more comfortable, and could turn her head to the side to suck her thumb, which she couldn't do any longer in the PP.

4. My one complaint is that the hood for shade is pretty crappy on the PP carseat. The "attachment" doesn't work well, and our attachment part broke fairly early. We ended up never using the hood because of that. That was my only complaint though. Other than that, I liked it. It was pretty, worked wonderfully with the Pliko, and our daughter seemed super-comfortable until she got too big for it. I would recommend it only for the reason that it works with the Pliko, and I LOVE the Pliko. If you can find another nicer carseat that works well with the Pliko, you might want to go with that. The PP carseat is really expensive. Some of the less expensive ones seem nicer.

ann

Tondi G
07-29-2002, 09:44 PM
Get a Pliko stroller...... we have one and absolutely LOVE it! We had a Century Avanta infant seat and it worked well with the seperate adapter bar for the peg strollers.... he have a Milano too and it worked well with that stroller as well(don't recommend the Milano XL stroller though)! I would say get the pliko stroller and get the adapter bar and then you can get either the Graco Snugride infant seat (make sure you are getting the one with the front harness adjuster!) or the Evenflo Cosy Carry ( have a friend who is using one now for baby #3 and really likes it!). I promise you won't be disappointed with the Pliko stroller! From what I have read and seen I would skip the Peg car seat! Good Luck!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01!